• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gentlemen, How to build a New England style rifle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Part 2
:grin: My "Squirrel rifle".

Well this certainly was a fun project. I have come to enjoy the researching and drawing up plans for a build. Then sit back and watch it come to life, it's the coolest thing! :grin:

Anyhow heres my interpretation of an N.E Squirrel rifle brought to life by Roy. Many thanks Roy, can't thank you enough for a one of a kind master piece. :hatsoff: :thumbsup:
http://www.nimrodsplace.com/nesquirrelrifle1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool gun! :thumbsup: I like everything about it. I thought the tang carving came off exceptionally well. Never built in apple, it sure takes a stain nice.

That rifle is outstanding :bow: I love it. Great planning Swampy and absolutely Incredible job Roy ! The apple wood has great color !

Mike Brooks said:
Cool gun! :thumbsup: I like everything about it. I thought the tang carving came off exceptionally well. Never built in apple, it sure takes a stain nice.
I thought it would turn black like Cherry does with AF..

Everyone
Thanks for all the replies and comments :thumbsup: :v

Swamp Rat said:
I know I'm bias but I think he made the coolest little .36 for me for sure. :thumbsup: :grin:
Swampy, it's the coolest little halfstock I've ever seen. :thumbsup: Can't wait til you put some lead through her and give us a shootin report. All the guns that you and Roy create have the 'it' factor to them and this one is no exception. :bow: The ivory thumb piece did it for me. :) Keep em' coming.

It's just that a gun similar to this would have been in use 200 years ago here. We are having bicentennial dates, some important ones coming up concerning American history, I thought it neat to mark the gun as I did my .58 the same way last year. :thumbsup:

Swampy thats a sweeeeet little pea shooter :thumbsup:

Most excellent job Roy :hatsoff:

Looks really cool the new Squirrel rifle. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
My dear NE Squirrels, the end is near.
'Sharp-Eye Swamp Rat' got a new toy.

:hatsoff:

Wow Swampy, that´s a cool rifle! :thumbsup:

Whenever you and Roy start such a projekt it ends with a gun that´s got that "certain something".

Congrats to both of you! :hatsoff:

Looks to me like it wouldn´t just be a good gun for squirrel hunting. I bet ya could also rule some competition shootings with it. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back