• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gentleman's Belt Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful knife as always. I too use the antique oil. I am curious as to what approximate time period

The actual time period it would represent would be historically questionable. It was made as a rev war period piece, but in reality that could be very subjective, and open to much debate. To be historically safe, it could probably be placed as an early 19th c. knife, or it could be seen as an 18th c. fantasy piece, made up by someone accustomed to hunting swords, dirks, and daggers of that time. To be honest, I believe it would be an unusual knife for the 18th c., but not an impossibility, especially for the affluent. Many contemporary makers of 18th c. knives, often take historical license in their designs, and I also must plead guilty, even though I may know better. One can get very bored making only scalpers and butchers all the time, which would be the more correct type for the common person to have and use.

Wick Ellerbe said:
Many contemporary makers of 18th c. knives, often take historical license in their designs, and I also must plead guilty, even though I may know better.
At least you are honest and up-front about it. You also do fine work!

Back