• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

G'day from down under

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cicchis0

Pilgrim
Reaction score
My name's Soren and I'm from Perth, Western Australia. Full disclosure: I don't own a muzzleloader and it's unlikely that I will in the future. Why am I here, you might ask. Well, I was referred to some fantastic information about traditional stock finishing on here, and I'm sure the forum will prove equally useful a resource for steel treatment. I'll be using this information when restoring tools and making knives. I'm not completely disinterested in muzzleloaders and firearms in general - the mechanisms are fascinating to me as an unemployed mechanical engineer, and I used to live next to the bloke that came up with rollsizing machinery for refurbishing brass ammunition cartridge cases for precision reloading. However, living where I do, my interest is likely to remain purely intellectual rather than practical so I probably won't be very active here but I don't want to upset the admins by lurking without introducing myself.

My name's Soren and I'm from Perth, Western Australia. Full disclosure: I don't own a muzzleloader and it's unlikely that I will in the future. Why am I here, you might ask. Well, I was referred to some fantastic information about traditional stock finishing on here, and I'm sure the forum will prove equally useful a resource for steel treatment. I'll be using this information when restoring tools and making knives. I'm not completely disinterested in muzzleloaders and firearms in general - the mechanisms are fascinating to me as an unemployed mechanical engineer, and I used to live next to the bloke that came up with rollsizing machinery for refurbishing brass ammunition cartridge cases for precision reloading. However, living where I do, my interest is likely to remain purely intellectual rather than practical so I probably won't be very active here but I don't want to upset the admins by lurking without introducing myself.
What restrictions are there on muzzle loaders Down Under? Are percussion revolvers verboten? G'day.

G’Day Mate and welcome from Western North Carolina.
Just ask the questions.
There are many techniques for steel and wood finishing depending on the wood.

Back