• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

G.P.Pistol problem...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa woods roamer

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a Great Plains pistol that , for the life of me , will not shoot a decent group. I have tried 2f and 3f , LeHigh Lube , wet and dried, spit patch,pillow ticking and duckcloth and loads from 15 gr. to 40 gr.!! The patches look ok, no burn throughs. Anybody have any suggestions. Best group I can get is 4 in. at 25 yds. off a rest. Thanks..

No offence, but how well do you shoot other pistols? Some people are pistol shots and some aren't. You may just need to get used to the gun and Practice a lot.

This is the second G.P. Pistol that I have had. Won a few pistol shoots with the first one .It shot excellant. Long story , but I misplaced it and bought this one and it is giving me fits! Used 20grs. of 3f and a spit patch in my first one and it shot good from the first shot.

Well then, is the barrel wedge tight? Sights tight? Bore rough? Not really sure where to start looking for problems. I suppose there is a chance you just got a bad one.

Back