• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Funky Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK click flash,
Here is what I meant,

Water weighs 8.34 lbs per gallon
The sample size is 100 grains
The sample gained .5 grains of water
Theoretically a 1 pound sample would have gained 35 grains of water weight.
So a ton of powder would gain 70000 grains of water or 10 pounds
Ten pounds of water is approximately 1.2 gallons (1.19)

The dehumidifier was a comparative analogy and any numbers related to it are not relevant to the equation.

Now does it make sense?

So by your assertion, BP has a capacity of 1.2 gallons of water removal per day, which equates to 9.6 pints of water removal per day.

NO! ”¦That’s not what I’m trying to say at all.

What I did was increase the sample size to make the amount of water absorbed by the sample easier to relate to.
Had the sample size been 5 grains of powder it most likely would not have even registered on his scale but the percentage of water absorption would remain the same.
Linear ”¦but logical to assume without actual testing.

If we are going to argue, we should at least be arguing about the same things. :grin:

Back