• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fullstock Flintlock Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

I finished building this morning and did final assembly. Been on the range most of the day. What a shooter.
20230923_141908.jpg

20230923_142105.jpg

20230923_142306.jpg

20230923_161550.jpg

20230923_142319.jpg

WC

Attachments

• 20230923_161550.jpg
    20230923_161550.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
The Universe is a very weird place.

Was thinking about a build like this a couple of hours ago.

I have a 15/16", 28 inch, 1:66, .50 caliber barrel that needs to be built into rifle.

Plenty of cherry left over from my Antique 20ga plank build.

Beautiful Rifle, OP.

Dig'n that bear.

What style and size lock is that? Will the mainspring clear the bottom of a 15/16" octagonal barrel.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Nice ! The wood grain awesome with the lines :cool:. I did a first time build with a Lyman Great Plains kit came out nice but yours makes me want tout it in the shed....

Thanks guys! I really like how it turned out. It takes building several to get things to look how you want them. I'm not a fan of the new and perfect look. I like worn and used, but not abused look. I did some antiquing and distressing for sure.

Ok, you talked me into it, I'm going to 6 shooting today.

WC

That rifle is certainly eye-catching. If I were looking at rifles at a show I'd have to be nudged aside because I'd be parked by your rifle for quite a while just feeding candy to my eyes.

How did it shoot? I was very pleased especially the part when I lined the sights on the barrel center, first shot at 25 yards at an inverted "T", the ball hit dead center, but 4" low. A little filing of the front sight and it was hitting dead center in 3 shots.

With 50 grains Goex 3F, pillow ticking and round ball cut at the muzzle. It stacks them at 50 yards.

I went through my Woods Walk novelty range and only missed one of those easy can't missers. All the hard stuff I hit.

I will be working on a 100 yard deer load soon. Our doe season starts next Friday.

HH

Back