• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fort Fredrick, Maryland

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We will be set up by the wood line below the fort.
I will be flying the "Don't Tread On Me" yellow flag. Please stop by and say hello. This Market Fair is the best in the east!

Mrs Coot & I will be up with the vendors at the sign of the Blue Cat Buttonworks. Will try to come down & say hello to you after public hours.

I'll be visiting, probably on Sat. but as a tourist, not a re-enactor unfortunately. I'll allow extra time to stop by & visit with y'all.

I'll be really easy to spot as I'll be accompanied by a big red-haired Golden retriever. :v

My wife and I will be there as spectators but I may wear what I have. Hope to meet some of you all and pick up some nessaries. :thumbsup:

RiverRat said:
We will be set up by the wood line below the fort.
I will be flying the "Don't Tread On Me" yellow flag. Please stop by and say hello. This Market Fair is the best in the east!
Which wood line?
There's one over by the parking lot & another "behind" the fort then there's the one past the fort opposite the firing range. :idunno:

We just got back a few minutes ago.
Weather for Sat was kind of gray & damp, but just sprinkles of rain, nothing to kill the event.

I met River Rat, while asking a complete stranger to help me find River Rat, the stranger was River Rat himself who'd wandered away from his campsite to check out the event. :haha:

I also met up with Nessmuk & his group & we chatted for a while before I had to go off in search of other members. Thanks for the hospitality & offer of hot coffee! :hatsoff:

Lastly we checked in with the COOTs (Mr & Mrs.) who got to meet Thor the Golden & we spent an enjoyable few minutes chatting with them also.
As I was stuffed on the snacks I brought ( German style Jaegerwurst) smoked sausages we left them a few to add to the rice 'n beans for supper, hopefully they'l like the smoky pork & beef addition.

A good sized crowd & lots of vendors despite the threatening weather forecast for the weekend, hopefully the promised torrential damaging thunderstorms will hold off till everyone gets packed up on Sunday.

A good day out at the sutlers faire. :thumbsup:

Just got home ourselves from our day trip to the fair. Wanted to try and get my wife interested in reenacting and the encampment...SHE IS HOOKED...she can wait to get going, hooray for me. We did meet Mrs.Coot and talked to her but Coot himself was busy making money. Real sorry we could not meet more of you all, Maybe next year we will be camping there also. Now i'm looking for a wall tent ( family size) :hatsoff:
A good day was had by all. It was GREAT

I had actually planned on going today, but the weather was pretty poor here with rain off and on all day in Montgomery County. I'm not sure whether it was different there or not. I was hoping to go, but looks like the weekend may end up being a wash on the whole.

I do plan on visiting the Fort for some kind of event this spring/summer.

What was I thinking?... Fort Fred's 175 miles away! - the weather can be a bit different. :redface:

Well, glad all of you that went had a good time! The last couple of years, I've had too many conflicts on the same weekend. :(

Yes, the area was just on the edge of a rain front that brought on and off rain throughout the weekend. We actually had a few strong thunderstorms tonight too. A ways to the north and it was fine, so you may have actually had excellent weather indeed. The front seemed to creep just close enough to make outdoor activities go downhill a bit this weekend. I actually did get out for a brief walk today. Other than that I was in the shop working on a rifle, so not a total loss at all.

Latest posts

Back