• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flora Mississippi here..............

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tralfae

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Been shootin ML's for 50 years, mostly hunting deer and turkey. Have a number of rifles and a couple of double barrel shotguns. Love this site. Good info from experts that still appreciate the "old ways" (percussion and flinters, not inlines or the "primitive" cartridge nonsense).

Welcome to the merry band! You need to read more if you think 'nonsense' doesn't get flung against the wall now and then! :wink: :haha: Jump in with anything you need to know or share...good group with what probably amounts to centuries of experience!

Hello! I'm new here as well, but unlike you I'm new to the black powder. Not to shooting in general though, I'm active army stationed down at camp Shelby, any good public lands up your way? Desoto is tough to hunt, I see tracks everywhere but its thicker than a duck dynasty beard!!

c0mp73r said:
...tough to hunt, I see tracks everywhere but its thicker than a duck dynasty beard!!
Ooh, good one! makes me think of years hunting the Brazos River bottom south of Houston. You can almost spit farther than you can see or shoot! There's lots to learn so ask questions and keep shooting!

Come join us in February at our first shoot of the year. First Sunday afternoon in Feb. at the Magnolia rifle and pistol club range near Byram, Ms. This will be a blanket shoot- bring a prize worth approx. ten dollars and that will be your entry fee.
Be Well,
Bill

You can try Copiah County WMA near Hazlehurst or the Homochitto Natl Forest. Lots of folks on the weekends, not so bad during the week. Good change of scenery for you to apply for draw hunts on Mahanna WMA near Vicksburg or Panther Swamp NWF near Yazoo City. Big deer in those bottomlands and hogs galore. Again, I would shy away from weekends and hunt during the week if you can. Good luck to you.

Thanks for the invite. I'll try to make it down to meet everyone. Not many traditionalists left.

florareb said:
Been shootin ML's for 50 years, mostly hunting deer and turkey. Have a number of rifles and a couple of double barrel shotguns. Love this site. Good info from experts that still appreciate the "old ways" (percussion and flinters, not inlines or the "primitive" cartridge nonsense).

Now, why didja have to start cussin like that? Just yanking your chain! Welcome to the Forum!

Back