• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock muzzleloaders will rule again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone assumes the flintlock is the perfect apocalypse gun. It's not for me for me it's percussion. I have a lifetime supply of cap making ingredients. 1 lb of each chemical will literally last you forever. Flints on the other hand don't occur naturally where I live and I can't make a flint. And it will be impossible to purchase Flint. I'm never going to run out of empty beer cans.
I personally don't assume it is, I was just thinking about when rifles first came on the scene,
how it sure changed things from the way societies and Nations and countries and individuals were able to live their lives,
And how after everyone has blown up all their AR and ak ammo and have no way to make powder or primers or load ammunition, someone can use a flintlock, or a match lock or some such firearm and ammunition to bring down a hide full of meat, like hundreds of years ago when a cultural or a community of people could be overran by a bunch of Yahoo's with clubs ,
rifles an ammu sure changed things

Last edited:
SHTF can take many forms, and in most cases it is not an all-or-nothing thing. It can also be regional, as people in Ukraine and Gaza could point out. Prepping is essential for many life interruptions, whether it is being short of cash after Christmas, a war or serious pandemic, or any of the possibilities in between. I am lucky enough to live in a stone built house with 2ft thick walls and steel shutters in a very rural little village, surrounded by farmers and country folk who all own at least one shotgun or hunting rifle. So I am more fortunate than many. One thing that doesn't seem to have been mentioned, among all the 'wrong political stuff' which could bring about an EMP problem, is Coronal Mass Ejection (although @ETipp touched on it). Unless I missed it in my skim-reading of this thread, no one has mentioned the Carrington Event, or what such an event would do in the modern world.

... The Carrington event ...

Didn't stop old sparky smoke Pole

I personally don't assume it is, I was just thinking about when rifles first came on the scene,
how it sure changed things from the way societies and Nations and countries and individuals were able to live their lives,
And how after everyone has blown up all their AR and ak ammo and have no way to make powder or primers or load ammunition, someone can use a flintlock, or a match lock or some such firearm and ammunition to bring down a hide full of meat, like hundreds of years ago when a cultural or a community of people could be overran by a bunch of Yahoo's with clubs ,
rifles an ammu sure changed things
I've read a book about an EMP attack. It was fiction but probably mirrored what will really happen in the aftermath. I feel that for those who do not know how to make their own gunpowder, ammunition, etc, all will be lost once the ammo runs out. I do not plan to be one of those people.

Last edited:
All these sheeple that think they're going to survive the apocalypse by eating cats have got another thing coming
thumbnail_1708429863055blob.jpg

And your government will confiscate them all .
Not the Black powder ones, they wont. They are unregulated here, like airguns. The government doesn't have a clue how many I own, and it doesn't really care. And the only modern gun I have is a .410 shotgun which is, as it were, under the radar.

Last edited:
I disagree about that completely.

It is a plan for complete subjugation just like the poor people in communist China are suffering under.

There's a reason why they want to go to people's houses and take all the guns away,
and it isn't because they're going to just go away and leave everybody alone after the guns are taken away,
they are not going to leave everybody alone with muzzle loading firearms to finally go on and live our lives in peace

Last edited:
Not the Black powder ones, they wont. They are unregulated here, like airguns. The government doesn't have a clue how many I own, and it doesn't really care. And the only modern gun I have is a .410 shotgun which is, as it were, under the radar.
Unfortunately, it only takes one deft stroke with a government’s pen to render even those as needing to be registered/regulated. Ask Illinois residents about both.

Big Brother can monitor your phone anytime thanks to Bush after 9-11. Other than that I agree with you.

Yeaaa…… I’m thinking sethwyo either went over the falls or is trying to bait some forum members…..good luck on your investigations agent Seth!

Back