• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock at gunshow

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverfox

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Do I need to go back to show. There were 5 flintlocks there. one marked W Buchele beautiful carved and silver inlays about .50 One full stock plains rifle marker on barrel D Lange anybody know this maker. Oh it was loaded?? One Dixie Gun Works looks like a Southern Mountain with the iron bannana patch. One almost lancaster looking rifle in .36 Sorry only 4 flint the other was a Japan copy of a 1861 springfield. All looked almost upfired except the one that was loaded. Show is on until tomorrow. Need help on value of Buchele or D Lange
Hope this is in the right place
Fox :hatsoff:

Wm. Buchele wrote the first book on building longrifles. He was a prolific builder in the 70's and 80's, one of the fastest and most productive fine builders. His rifles are well done and have some interest among old timers who started back in the day.

Ok It looks like it is a Buchele rifle and it will not get sold at the show. I will now start a project to get ahold of the rifle and try to get pictures and measurements if the owner will allow it. It may take a while and will post it here if I succeed.
Thanks for the information.
Fox :hatsoff:

LOL I view that site often,don't hurt to dream. :grin: Lots of fine stuff. :thumbsup:

Back