• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Muzzleloader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killerangel

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Decided to extend my hunting with a flintlock when I could not shoot a real bow any more. Had the opportunity to have this gun built for me after the deal with the original buyer fell through. Very lucky opportunity for me. Builder is world class. Components were part Kibler Colonial Rifle kit, Chambers lock, and a incredible piece of hard Red Maple from a tree that fell during a hurricane in the builder's dad's yard in 2001. .54 cal..

Attachments

• LR1.JPG
    LR1.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 228
  • LR2.JPG
    LR2.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 235
  • LR3.JPG
    LR3.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 238
  • LR4.JPG
    LR4.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 219
  • LR6.JPG
    LR6.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 225
  • LR7.JPG
    LR7.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 219
  • LR8.JPG
    LR8.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 224
  • LR9.JPG
    LR9.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 201
  • LR10.JPG
    LR10.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 190
  • LR12.JPG
    LR12.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 182
Wow! That is gorgeous. You did well on that deal.
What is on top of the barrel behind the rear sight, about even with the entry pipe?

My old eyes (66) could not focus enough to even see the rear sight when focusing on the front and "seeing" the target when the sights were 36"+ apart....so Chris made a filler from scratch...and moved the rear sight. When dealing with a craftsman like him...you just have to let him do his thing...even on the smallest things. It ill always be something special. He drew it on paper, traced it on the steel stock he had, hand beveled and filed the design/edges, then riveted it to the dovetail piece he made...files it flat...polished...then "browned" it.

Attachments

• filler1.jpg
    filler1.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 65
  • filler2.jpg
    filler2.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
My old eyes (66) could not focus enough to even see the rear sight when focusing on the front and "seeing" the target when the sights were 36"+ apart....so Chris made a filler from scratch...and moved the rear sight. When dealing with a craftsman like him...you just have to let him do his thing...even on the smallest things. It ill always be something special.
Wow, that whole gun is exceptional. That filler is cool, maybe someone could engrave your initials on it?

Decided to extend my hunting with a flintlock when I could not shoot a real bow any more. Had the opportunity to have this gun built for me after the deal with the original buyer fell through. Very lucky opportunity for me. Builder is world class. Components were part Kibler Colonial Rifle kit, Chambers lock, and a incredible piece of hard Red Maple from a tree that fell during a hurricane in the builder's dad's yard in 2001. .54 cal..
That's one beautiful gun!

First? You have nowhere to go but down from that rifle!

I'm contemplating one more...something shorter similar to a "EdwardMarshall" rifle. Looking for the right maple stock blank with plenty of curl, not "soft", and not straight-grained so the striping radiuses down with the drop of the butt. Being shown some wood by some vendors....but nothing close to what I have in this rifle....any ideas??

THAT is a rifle to be proud of.

Latest posts

Back