• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Horns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Cade

36 Cal.
Reaction score
hello fellows,

i just got into flintlocks as most of you may have read on some previos posts. i finally finished my first horns and most of my other stuff. the priming horn was a finished horn but i carved on it and dressed it up. the regular horn i started from scratch and ran out of room before i ran out of ideas. most of the images came from sibley's book which helped a great deal in getting started with my new hobby. comments welcomed.
Picture006.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture013.jpg

like the compass rose and the floral patern on the horn matter of fact the only thing you did wrong was you put the wrong name on it you can contact me for the correct spelling. good job

nice job , hard to believe those are your fist two horns , you have a lot of talent . Keep up the great work :hatsoff:

thanx fellows! i used rite dye on the bigger horn. yellow, orange, and about a third of a pack of blace. the horn i'm finishing up now is much better lookning. i'll post when finished.

Back