• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Hat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For awhile I've been contemplating a hat project, so after much consideration I decided to jump in and complete the hat blank that's been sitting for months.

First off, I'm not much on hats, when in garb my heads shaved and I'm usually adorned with my numerous roaches and feathers attached to my scalp lock. Nonetheless I've been wanting a period type hat.

Heavy black wool felt blank, brim is trimmed back about 1.5", I also curved the cut surface of the brim by folding 120 grit sandpaper and carefully contouring it by hand until satisfied. Made the woven band and antler button which is sewn with waxed linen. The fold is secured with an elk hide wang tied on the inside. Turkey feathers are from last year's bird so it's nice to have them adorning the hat. No interior lining, just... simple!

E7z1TPK.jpg

Nice an simple! Can't beat the source of adornments, either. :thumbsup: (note the hat)
Ed

That'll do! Too easy right? I if you change your mind on a liner you've even got a hat band to cover up any stitches

Thank you gents, very happy with the results given the minimal time involved. I'll snap a few more pictures at different angles. I was in a hurry due to rain moving in so I had another project that needed to come in. I'll post on that one later!

Back