• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Nice Nessmuk with Mulie antler handle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks Two Feathers here. It’s been a little while. This time it’s a Nessmuk knife. Just in time for Christmas. The price is $150.00 + $10/00 s&h. All my prices are in USD$ The knife was named after the original designer George Washington Sears who called himself Nessmuk.

He was a writer of letters and articles in the 1880’s for “Forest and Stream” magazine. He popularized canoeing and the self-guided canoe tours of the Adirondack Mountain lakes. He also wrote books about camping titled “Woodcraft” in 1884. They’re still in print today. Sears died in Wellsboro, Penn., May 1, 1890.

Before his death, Sears became friends with a young Narragansett Indian boy named Nessmuk. Nessmuk taught Sears to be a woodsman. Not knowing exactly when, Sears took the pen name Nessmuk after his young Indian friend. Sears/Nessmuk had a love of cutting utensils; mostly axes and knives. Sometime in the 1880’s he designed what we call today, the Nessmuk knife. Sorry for the history lesson, but I felt that it needed to be told.

This Nessmuk measures 7-1/2” in overall length with a blade of 3-3/4” long by 1-1/2” wide at the widest point. The blade is made of 3/32” thick 1095 High Carbon steel, plenty stout enough. The handle is made from sun bleached Mule Deer antler. The handle measures 3-3/4” long. It is 1/1/4” wide across the swell in the rear. It’s 1” wide where the handle meets the blade. This knife has that original Nessmuk curve to the blade that smoothly flows into the handle. The blade is shaving sharp and has my Two Feathers logo etched into it. The handle is held on with (2) 1/8” iron pins. This knife will dress anything from a Ground Squirrel to a Ground Hog or a Badger to a Buffalo.

The sheath is made of 5 oz. vegetable tanned tooling leather, with a belt loop stitched to the back that will accept a 2” wide belt. There is a band of rawhide sewn around the sheath for a Mountain Man type period correct look. The sheath is hand stitched with Linen thread up the bottom half and artificial sinew the rest of the way up to the top. The sheath is a light Tan in color, while the rawhide remains natural. I’ve added a Scalp Lock, a Brass Bead, and a Coyote tooth as adornment. They’re attached with real sinew.

If you need a great looking knife for your encampment or your next Black Powder hunting trip, this is the one for you. This knife is very much a PC looking piece, but will substitute very well for a modern hunting knife.

I prefer PayPal, but will take money orders or personal checks. Personal checks will add about 2 weeks to the purchasing process.

I now sell and ship to Canada, however, because of the deer antler handle and due to import/export laws concerning the sale of animal parts on the Black market and customs laws, this knife CANNOT ship anywhere outside of the continental United States! I ship same day as funds are received or checks clear; the exceptions are Federal Holidays, Sundays, severe weather, and PO hours.

If you’re interested in my knife or have questions or comments, PM me here or email me [email protected]

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• thumbnail (429).jpg
    thumbnail (429).jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 225
  • thumbnail (430).jpg
    thumbnail (430).jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 235
  • thumbnail (431).jpg
    thumbnail (431).jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 230
  • thumbnail (432).jpg
    thumbnail (432).jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 219
  • thumbnail (433).jpg
    thumbnail (433).jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 235
  • thumbnail (434).jpg
    thumbnail (434).jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 229
  • thumbnail (435).jpg
    thumbnail (435).jpg
    105 KB · Views: 229
I've said it before.... you will NOT be disappointed with Two Feather's products! Quality is definitely top shelf! Though I have not seen this knife personally, his roach belly knives are very well balanced and are SHARP!
You can't find a better guy to deal with, either!
God bless,
Rodd

Two Feathers, I like this knife but prefer a 5 in. blade could you manufacture the knife as shown in the for sale area but with a 5in. blade handled in antler either white tail or mulie. I do not need a sheath as I could make one myself, if this is possible please respond with the cost. Thank you for your time and considerations.

Sent you 2 e-mails in issues concerning the posted knife your reply was fast and informative, cost of the posted knife minus the sheath. Thank you for your information and time.

Sent you 2 e-mails in issues concerning the posted knife your reply was fast and informative, cost of the posted knife minus the sheath. Thank you for your information and time.
appalichian hunter
Thank you. Sent you PM's. Thanks for your interest. Consider my PM's and let me know if I can be of assistance.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Received and payment completed as directed, sent you a e-mail with shipping information, contact me when all is satisfactory looking forward to the knife. AN APPALICHIAN HUNTER (aka BOB)

Howdy folks Two Feathers here. It’s been a little while. This time it’s a Nessmuk knife. Just in time for Christmas. The price is $150.00 + $10/00 s&h. All my prices are in USD$ The knife was named after the original designer George Washington Sears who called himself Nessmuk.

He was a writer of letters and articles in the 1880’s for “Forest and Stream” magazine. He popularized canoeing and the self-guided canoe tours of the Adirondack Mountain lakes. He also wrote books about camping titled “Woodcraft” in 1884. They’re still in print today. Sears died in Wellsboro, Penn., May 1, 1890.

Before his death, Sears became friends with a young Narragansett Indian boy named Nessmuk. Nessmuk taught Sears to be a woodsman. Not knowing exactly when, Sears took the pen name Nessmuk after his young Indian friend. Sears/Nessmuk had a love of cutting utensils; mostly axes and knives. Sometime in the 1880’s he designed what we call today, the Nessmuk knife. Sorry for the history lesson, but I felt that it needed to be told.

This Nessmuk measures 7-1/2” in overall length with a blade of 3-3/4” long by 1-1/2” wide at the widest point. The blade is made of 3/32” thick 1095 High Carbon steel, plenty stout enough. The handle is made from sun bleached Mule Deer antler. The handle measures 3-3/4” long. It is 1/1/4” wide across the swell in the rear. It’s 1” wide where the handle meets the blade. This knife has that original Nessmuk curve to the blade that smoothly flows into the handle. The blade is shaving sharp and has my Two Feathers logo etched into it. The handle is held on with (2) 1/8” iron pins. This knife will dress anything from a Ground Squirrel to a Ground Hog or a Badger to a Buffalo.

The sheath is made of 5 oz. vegetable tanned tooling leather, with a belt loop stitched to the back that will accept a 2” wide belt. There is a band of rawhide sewn around the sheath for a Mountain Man type period correct look. The sheath is hand stitched with Linen thread up the bottom half and artificial sinew the rest of the way up to the top. The sheath is a light Tan in color, while the rawhide remains natural. I’ve added a Scalp Lock, a Brass Bead, and a Coyote tooth as adornment. They’re attached with real sinew.

If you need a great looking knife for your encampment or your next Black Powder hunting trip, this is the one for you. This knife is very much a PC looking piece, but will substitute very well for a modern hunting knife.

I prefer PayPal, but will take money orders or personal checks. Personal checks will add about 2 weeks to the purchasing process.

I now sell and ship to Canada, however, because of the deer antler handle and due to import/export laws concerning the sale of animal parts on the Black market and customs laws, this knife CANNOT ship anywhere outside of the continental United States! I ship same day as funds are received or checks clear; the exceptions are Federal Holidays, Sundays, severe weather, and PO hours.

If you’re interested in my knife or have questions or comments, PM me here or email me [email protected]

God bless:

Two Feathers
SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back