• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First flinter turkey

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful pic. I can't find a turkey to save my life around here. :grin: I enjoy seeing everyone else's pics though. Thanks.

Fantastic, congratulations !
Taking them with a Flintlock and black powder, you'll never want to hunt them any other way !
:thumbsup:

Question:

You didn't mention any sort of protective shot cup...have you put many shots of ITX through your bare bore and looked at the bore with a bore light?
Looking for first hand absolute confirmation that ITX does or does not scratch bare bore walls...

Congratulations. Fine lookin bird and flintlock. I like the color of both. :hatsoff:

roundball said:
Fantastic, congratulations !
Taking them with a Flintlock and black powder, you'll never want to hunt them any other way !
:thumbsup:

Question:

You didn't mention any sort of protective shot cup...have you put many shots of ITX through your bare bore and looked at the bore with a bore light?
Looking for first hand absolute confirmation that ITX does or does not scratch bare bore walls...
========================================================================

The Colrain turkey barrel is .620 at breach..last 4" chokes down to .580 with .580 straight the last inch....
No way to get a protective cup through the .580 bore and seal .620 bore.
I use the lubed patch cup with hard 5's.very good results!
I am also interested in what the ITX shot does to a bare bore.

Flintlock 58 ..That's Cool! :thumbsup:.....Nice bird!
Is that a 38 " barrel?
Just amazing the pattern these barrels throw..a rear sight is needed.....still think it the best barrel Colrain makes.

Congratulations! :hatsoff:

Very nice photo, too.

I love to read and see those Turkey stories!

Silex

I have not shot alot of ITX so I cant see any scratches or damage whatsoever to the barrel. I will keep an eye on it though. It makes for deadly wound channels!!!

Latest posts

Back