• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First deer with a smoothbore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, what an accomplishment! Gotta try the canned venison one of these “dears”. I have been vacuum sealing and freezing for so long, it’s hard to change

Well Done!

Um...,
..., you know you can't show all that canned venison without sharing the recipe..., unless it's a secret recipe.

LD

There are a couple methods to canning meat. After slicing into 1" cubes brown the outside meat in a pan with a bit of oil and the seasonings you enjoy. Don't cook thoroughly, only brown the outside. If there is any liquid add to the meat in the jar, but most of the broth will come from the meat as it cooks. Place into the canning jars, leaving some space under the lid. Pressure can for 90 minutes. Refer to a good canning instruction manual for the proper regulator weight.

Method two is Place the cubes into the jar raw, no liquid required as the heat will draw out the broth. Add a teaspoon or so of salt on top of the meat. Feel free to substitute or include seasonings with the salt, if so desired. Can for 90 minutes at the proper Pressure level.

I have read of a third way. Fully pre-cooked, add meat and broth to jars and can. Not experienced with this, though. Best for you to look it up. A wealth of information can be found on line.

Back