• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Buck ever

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerem0621

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I killed my first deer today. Nice little five point buck. I killed it with my TC New Englander in .50 cal. Here are some Pics I took with my cell phone. Not to many. I will mount this deer since it is my first. I killed him this morning about 7:20 am. I hit him with 80 grn FFF Goex, and PRB. He walked about 15 yards and fell over dead. When I field dresse him his heart was in pieces. Who says PRB doesn't have stopping power. LOL. I shot him about 20-25 yards from my stand.

Here is a shot of the entry wound

deerpics.jpg

Nice shot of the New Englander and the Deer

deerpic2.jpg

Thank you,

Jerem0621

Yes! Congrats! I made my first deer kill with an MZ too. I know how you feel! Congrats again and good shooting. :thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind words. This hunt was really special and to take the animal with a traditional muzzleloader is awesome. I look forward to many more muzzleloader hunts as well as raising my boys to hunt with them too when the time is right.

By the way, the only big game rifle I own is the smokepoles. I must have the fever!!!!!! I'm up to three and now I want a smoothbore!!!!! LOL

Jeremiah

Good job. My New Englander is my favorite T/C. Great little rifle (and shotgun).

410-er -

A muzzy makes them soooooooooo sweet!

I had to think on that a minute. "How'd we get on archery?"

Muzzy means something different to me.

muzzyLogo.gif

(Though I don't like a poke vs. cut broadhead)

Waidmanns Heil and congrats from Germany.

You hit him directly into the boilerroom. Did the ball exit?

Regards

Kirrmeister

Back