• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First BP Revolver Arrived Today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brady

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello All,

I've been shopping for a couple of months now and the experience went from choosing a gun to buy to buying whichever gun I could get my hands on. With that in mind, a nice shiny steel framed Pietta .44 (fantasy) '51 Navy is sitting on my coffee table. If you remember my past post, all thoughts of antiquing it have gone right out the window. The finish is absolutely beautiful and it has minimal machining marks inside the recoil plate and water table. The timing also sounds and looks right to my youtube educated eye.

I'll get to shoot it early next week and will post my thoughts.

And the fun begins! Man these smelly things are fun. Mine stay pretty clean while shooting but cleaning results in paranoia and detailing beyound reason. Still after a lot of shooting they look good still. Have fun and enjoy! Geo. T.

Yeah I am really looking forward to making some smoke. It looks like two of the stock nipples are partially blocked so I will take them off tonight after work and see what's what. I already have some slix-shots on the way so I may wait for them to arrive.

Pull the cylinder and clean the packing grease with Hoppes or some other regular gun cleaner prior to shooting it! Litely lube with oil to prevent rust.

Enjoy!

Dave

Back