• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FIRST BLOOD .40 FLINT

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapow

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Photo0137_zps6ad80089-1_zps70a42674.jpg

I hope the image came out right. First kill for my .40cal Sthn Mt Rifle flint. Sitting fox kit rifle - Green Mt 42 " barrel, Siler lock, Davis triggers. Load 40gn fffg & r/b. Mustve seen 40 to 50 rabbits each afternoon in a 10 acre paddock.. Heaps of fun.

yep been killin a few of them too while I get used to flint! :redface:

Photo turned out fine, as did the rifle...nice looking .40cal and that sure is a big rabbit!
:thumbsup:

Thats a nice rifle! and man you sure don't need but a couple of those rabbits to make a meal!! :shocked2:

Kapow said:
Photo0137_zps6ad80089-1_zps70a42674.jpg

I hope the image came out right. First kill for my .40cal Sthn Mt Rifle flint. Sitting fox kit rifle - Green Mt 42 " barrel, Siler lock, Davis triggers. Load 40gn fffg & r/b. Mustve seen 40 to 50 rabbits each afternoon in a 10 acre paddock.. Heaps of fun.

Thats a NICE Texas deer... How meny doe tags do you get?

:wink:

That's either the biggest rabbit or the smallest deer I've seen in a long, long time :hmm:. Congratulations either way. The load you used just so happens to be my favorite .40 load, too.

I have to agree; that's a fine stump. I wish I had a good stump just like that one. Oh, and I do like that rifle.

Actually guys that one is about 2/3 grown, I'll try and pop one of the big fatties getting around. Heading out this afternoon for a shot. Great practice for hunting bigger critters.

Not casting r/b yet but have got a mould to make some. I can't wait to whistle in a fox or two.

Back