• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Firing an original Algerian musket....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had missed that, too. I like the fellow's enthusiasm. Rick, what exactly is he shooting?
Hi Bill

As I posted on the original Thread, he is shooting an original musket from Algeria. The locals continued to make and use these guns for a hundred years. The huge miquelet locks, style-wise, are unique to these guns. While the big locks vary a bit in size, they are all oversized and make a loud "clunk" when fired. LOL The strong mainsprings chew up flints quickly. There are still many of these originals available today. During this period, the French controlled Algeria. The locals were not allowed to own the latest in firearms technology. They muskets were made from plain to highly decorated with silver mounts, depending on the local's status. It's believed the style of lock copies the very earliest Spanish locks from the 17th Century. Many of the locks are maker-marked and dated.

Rick

DSC00384 (Medium).JPG
F2194.jpg

I bought two of em. One I built up as originally designed and the other as a side folder. I built em in my basement with nothing but a bench vice and a AK tool kit I got from the net. It is an adventure but since I've built up AR and FALs taking on an AK really wasn't that bad. I built up a total of 6 AKs and once I was done, and the shot OK, I kind of lost interest.
????😵‍💫 are we talking about the same musket? You don’t work for the ATF do you?

Latest posts

Back