• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finishing In The White

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lube

32 Cal
Reaction score
I am finishing my Kibler kit lock in the white. What would be a good finish on the lock, oil or wax, to maintain that gunmetal gray/pewter patina?

If it is one of the new Kibler locks I think it has a smooth enough finish, if it is a Chambers a little polishing is in order to get rid of the orange peel finish, go to about 220 grit.

I use cold blue on the parts and rub them back to gray with a scotch bright pad.
finished Renegads 001.JPG

I am finishing my Kibler kit lock in the white. What would be a good finish on the lock, oil or wax, to maintain that gunmetal gray/pewter patina?
If you can find it, buy some Birchwood Casey Barricade and coat the lock with it.
It is very watery but it drys to a very thin, non-oily layer. It is a most excellent protection against rust and the protection lasts a long time.

After getting it, be sure to use it on all steel parts of your gun, inside and outside the barrel after you clean it.

Latest posts

Back