• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Field report .58 cal soft lead round ball...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! :thumbsup:
Don't give up on hunting just, yet.
All the best for the surgery.

Silex

Bad weather today, windy/rainy....3 bucks including mine and one Doe butchered this morning with just the 5 point brought in last night still hanging. That one probably will be delt with later today.

Uncle and I are getting ready to work on our heads, good day to make a couple of Euro mounts.. :thumbsup:

Congrats to you young man. Here's hoping you kill many more.

Hey, how do you go about making a Euro mount? I did one for my daughter, boiled it in bleach water, but it nearly disintregated the skull. Maybe too much bleach, or boiled too long. School me man, how do you do it? Thanks, Bill.

Enjoy the season Swampy and congratulations.

And remember. . .

ILLEGITIMUS NON CARBARUNDOM!!!

Greg

Cabela's sells a nice kit that you can use for several heads. This one here was done using that kit. But you skin and demeat as much as possible before boiling and really need to watch over it. We don't go more than 20, 30 minutes after its boiling without checking and pulling anything off we can, in/out it goes until most of the meat and stuff is off. Never boil to hard for to long or you will ruin it. Rumor has it Dish soap will do a good job tooo and we are about to use try it in the water as we don't have any of the kit stuff left.

bheuromount4.jpg

a fine kill with a fine rifle, heres hopen there are many more hunts in your future!

-matt

Congratulations Swampy :hatsoff: :hatsoff: on a fine buck with a great lookin flinter

Swampy,
I don't know what your situation is but I do know the trauma of surgery. I will pray that you have a safe surgery and more seasons in the woods.

Jeff

Way to go Swampy! Nice buck.

But... yer last one??? I doubt it.
You're one of the toughest SOB's I know and you'll be out there next year. :hatsoff:

Congrats!! Now that was what that gun was built for!!! :grin: :bow:

Back