• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Felt wads?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gote Rider

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I would like to know if any of you have ever used 1/4in felt wads in your .44 pistol? I saw some the other day and thought the thicker felt could take the place of fillers. What do you think will it work or not?

used to use them in my Remington revolver,didnt have to grease the cylinder,worked great

They work great. Gotta keep the ball close to the chamber mouth somehow with reduced charges. Filler or wads do the job great.

Thanks for letting me know. I think I will get some of the felt and cut some out and give it a try.

Wonder wads work great in a Remington .44 Even with felt wad ball must be firmly seated on charge.

Back