• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Feel like cannon making.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks nice!
Being an aspiring amateur machinist myself I wonder how you are going to add trunions? How were original guns made? It is hard to imagine mounting a barrel to spin end over end on a lathe to turn rough cast trunions!

great looking gun. I presume you are thinking "Deck Gun".
be sure and get us pictures of the final product :master:

I believe there were trunnion lathes in the old days, When I machine the trunnions on cast cannons, I clamp the cannon in the mill and use a boring head with the cutter facing inward and clean up the trunnions that way. The small cannon in the picture will have holes for the trunnions bored with the milling machine and then the (7/8

It looks beautiful! Please post picture as work progresses and finalizes. Any interest in making them for sale? :hmm:

Capt. William

Nice job Trigger
I agree with the masses on this one. Please be kind enough to show us the finished goods. Firing would even be better... As I said nice job...
Loyalist Dawg :applause: :applause:

The one on the left is for a friend who is an amateur machinist, he wanted one with a removable breach plug (for cleaning).
I did the rough machining for him, including the

And here it is, 20 lbs of fury (still need paint of some sort) when my friend completes his cannon, I will post pictures of the 100

Very nice...

Needs paint eh?

Lat's have a look...

4colours.jpg

Beautiful work.,I'm impressed. Jelous too !! I dont think I would be painting it tho. Its too good looking a piece not to show off the carriage. Feel like makin' a few more? :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back