• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Fearnaught"- By Roy Stroh

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now THAT is a RIFLE! :doh:

Interesting and "spot on" choice Trench.

Promise us to shoot the snot out of that baby and report back, okay?

Outstanding job Roy on a unique piece. :thumbsup:

Skychief

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET :thumbsup: :bow: :hatsoff: Congrats Trench

Fantastic Craftsmanship Roy :bow: :bow: :bow:

Just a really great rifle, you can't praise it enough. Roy's craftsmanship is A-1 top-notch, he sure made you a humdinger.

I love that it's local to your area and the time frame you try to "fit" into. That makes it that much more special, for sure.

Can't wait to see it next weekend for Trench's youngun's birthday.

Roy, well done Sir, a fine rifle you built!!!!

Trench will finally get to stop pacing, it is annoying his wife and her calm :rotf: :rotf:

Cheers, DonK

Trench,do any of the other known Small rifles have barrel key setups like the rifle you patterned that one after?I looked in the book on Small and the rest didn't of the ones pictured.

Scots Jim said:
Trench,do any of the other known Small rifles have barrel key setups like the rifle you patterned that one after?I looked in the book on Small and the rest didn't of the ones pictured.

I believe all of his existing rifles use barrel keys, just not as many as this one. The Grouseland rifle that I got to see at Friendship had four barrel keys.

Trench: That's a great looking rifle!! That "B" profile barrel allows a really slim profile. Super nice gun. Roy does great work. Congrats! :hatsoff: Rick.

Keb said:
Nice gun. How's it shoot?

The initial range session showed the rifle wanted to shoot 12" high at 50 yards. I really didn't have much time to do anything else than make sure it was shooting on paper. I'll start doing a serious load work-up this Sunday. So far, I got a 2in group with 60gr of FFFg at 50 yards. I'm sure I'll be able to tighten that up with some work this weekend.

Trench, my man, you've shown wonderful taste in choosing the rifle to copy and the builder to copy it for you. I am very partial to that wear plate as well. Never seen anything like it, or so nicely achieved. I am in line for a Roy gun my ownself, and can scarcely wait -- a simple Southern gun with Chambers lock and Burton .40 barrel.
Surely that rifle is one you will pass down to your son!

BillinOregon said:
Trench, my man, you've shown wonderful taste in choosing the rifle to copy and the builder to copy it for you. I am very partial to that wear plate as well. Never seen anything like it, or so nicely achieved. I am in line for a Roy gun my ownself, and can scarcely wait -- a simple Southern gun with Chambers lock and Burton .40 barrel.
Surely that rifle is one you will pass down to your son!

I can't wait to see your finished rifle! I am deffinitely a wear plate fan. That's what drew me to John Small rifles.

Back