• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Father & Son Shoot NRA Qualifier Together

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Rosenthal

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Just got back from the Range. My Son and I both participated in the NRA Black Powder Pistol Qualification Match at our local Club. It was his first NRA Match and He made both the Pro Marksman and Marksman classifications, coming home with a NRA patch and both pins! Man am I a PROUD Dad! He'll get his certificates at the Christman party next month on the 9th. He used his back-up revolver, an Uberti 1858 New Model Army that I had gifted him when he made Eagle Scout. 25 grains of 3Fg did the trick and he really enjoyed himself too.

I finished my Marksman 1st Class, and then went on and did half of the Sharpshooter classification, scoring 145x200 duelist style with my Walker. This relay is shot with one target at 25 yards and one target at 50 yards, and then the scores are combined. Wouldn't have done so well if not for my Son Andy spotting for me through the scope!

Although the temperature really dropped and the winds were wicked, we managed to both come home winners!

I would recommend this course of fire to all BP handgun shooters! Any semi-organized Match can be made into a qualifier, so long as the correct targets are used. Lots of FUN!

Dave

Thank you! Andy & I have been shooting together for almost 14 years. I made him an NRA Life Member when he was just 5 years old! He's in His freshman year at college and came home for the Thanksgiving holiday. He's the youngest member of two of the nicest BP groups that you'd ever want to shoot with, really nice folks!

Andy came home with filet mignon from a "Meat Shoot" competition on 09-30-07. The local Club's newsletter ran an article. Here's a link to the Club's website. When the home page comes up, just click on the November Newsletter and look for article on Younger Shooter at Meat Shoot: [url] www.obrpc.org[/url] .

Sorry for bragging! I just figured that by posting this, maybe some other Parents would be stimulated enough to bring their Sons & Daughters out to the Range. The Kids are our future! How they will spend their time & money will effect the outcome of this great hobby of ours!

Here's hoping that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

All the best,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Back