• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fall & Cunningham Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shibbershabber

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello all

I have just received a vintage piece... a Southern Mtn Rifle style, maybe a .36cal?

Lock is marked "Fall & Cunningham Nashville, Tenn"

I have not been able to find much on these online. From what I have found, its 1830s to 1850s

Any thoughts?
Possible value?
IMG_3348.JPG
IMG_3347.JPG
IMG_3346.JPG
IMG_3345.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3344.JPG
    IMG_3344.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
That is a beauty!!!!! On the 'American Longrifles Forum' there are a lot of fellows that are very knowledgable about that specific type rifle, probably even tell you which hollar it was made in. Good luck.
Robby

Really need better pictures of the entire rifle...The lock is a pretty unreliable way to date or value a flintlock...Many times the maker bought the lock for use and other times the lock was replaced or updated during the lifetime of the rifle...Is there a name on the top of the barrel? Do you have pictures of the butt plate, side plate, thimbles, etc...These were often the pieces the original gunsmith did make and they typically used the same pattern over and over which helps identify either the area the rifle was made or the gunsmith that made it...

A quick Google search brings up Fall & Cunningham locks on several guns, it seems they were a retail store in Nashville.

Back