• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Extreme Accurate Shooting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-g willy

40 Cal.
Reaction score
GUN =1851 Uberti 36 cal.

RANGE-200 YDS

LOAD = ROUND BALL ,FULL CYLINDER OF POWDER, NO WADS OR GREASE.

TARGET = Box from QUEEN SIZE BED

number of shots in group=6 (because there is 6 chambers in the cylinder.

TEMP. 70 degrees.

Wind=calm

Standing and firing at the top edge of box ,, I fired with a two hand hold.
Upon inspection after 6 shots, the results were amazing!!!
While the sights were a bit off at 200 yards it grouped amazingly!!!

My group was five feet low and 2 feet to the right.
The size of the group is what amazed me though.
I seen where my first shot hit the target,,, now here is the unbelievable part,,,, After putting the first shot 5 feet low and two feet to the right I put the next 5 rounds through the same exact hole !!!
There was not another mark on that whole target!

I don't like bragging,,,but when you are good,, you are good!

Next time forget the queen-sized mattress box and use the side of a barn to check the grouping of that revolver...

That's mighty good shootin', ah says.

Reminds me of the time I took out my repro Colt 3rd model Dragoon an' loader her up.

Would you believe I emptied that cylinder and it shot clover leaf groups?

Course I was helped because I was shooting at a whole field of clover.

I classify this statement as a "Rendezvous Tall Tail" :grin: . This would surly spur a lively "discussion" around the camp fire :thumbsup: .

Hmmmmm :hmm: Like Red Skelton used to say "Something just doesn't seem right to me.....it just don't seem right to me" :rotf: Good story, great imagination. :thumbsup: :haha:

George Patton had a problem like that in the 1912 Stockholm Olympics, sometimes it doesn't pay to be too damned good!

I often shoot a ball so fast it passes through the target without even leaving a hole.

I have found that when using a barn for a target, you can seldom miss if you are in the barn. Always ask permission from the farmer first.
Here in Mich. it was so cold last hunting season that the bullets froze in the air. My huntin buddy and I are going back to camp tomorrow to collect our bucks, should be thawed by now.

Whadda you got against queen sized boxes? You sexist or something? It's posts like this that gives guns a bad name. Next time use a king sized box. And a three hand hold. I find that helps with cross winds.

Once, I tried a brass ball, in an old 1860 revolver. I shot at a rabbit and when it hit him in the head, it bounced off and knocked a squirrel out of a tree. I raised my hands to thank the Lord, for all the good luck that I was having, and grabbed a turkey by the legs.

Latest posts

Back