• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

European matchlock 1640-1660. RECONSTRUCTION

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raszpla

45 Cal.
Reaction score
34rbmex.jpg

2i9qjc5.jpg

10p4w2o.jpg

1zpmgox.jpg

rbhzqq.jpg

RASZPLA ... Looks like another fine creation. Very nice job indeed. I sure wish I had your talent.

Exelent!! :hatsoff:
My question to you is: What is that steel prong sticking out off the back plate for? I see it on all guns of that period.I understand they are called cheeck stocks , or something like that.
If you were to shoulder such a stock would be kind of painfull to say the least.

This is a weapon for shooting from the cheek. This is not a weapon for shooting from the shoulder.

Raszpla: Is that you shooting the matchlock? I don't know what load that was in the YouTube clip but it did not seem to have a lot of recoil, which would certainly seem to be a concern with a cheek-held firearm.
Beautiful craftsmanship as usual!

I understand little. It's me shooting. recoil is weak, because the shot is without the ball. When he shoots with the ball a recoil is safe for the shooter. I'm glad that you liked the gun.

really great gun do you have plans of the stock and measurements.. I have 9 matchlocks but nothing as cool as yours.. like the simple design with no inlays.

I do not gathering plans. I build, then I am delighted and then sell and take the next project.

Latest posts

Back