• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Euroarms Remington info needed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldguy24

32 Cal
Reaction score
Brand new to this forum and have a question regarding a Euroarms 1858 Remington that I picked up awhile back. I have done as much research as I can and have determined that it was built in 1971 (XX7), maker is DGG, marked Euroarms Brescia-Italy, 44 cal New Army Model, Made in Italy under the ramrod along with the DGG initials, no markings anywhere for the blackpowder only warning, serial is 9604. It also appears that it is patterned after the earlier Beals frame instead of the later frame design. It does not appear to have been fired as there is no drag line in the cylinder and little to no wear in the cylinder face. That's what I do know, what I have not been able to find out is whether or not this is a quality piece, should be a long term shooter or is it prone to breakage, a keeper or ought to be looking for a better specimen. Any information you guys have in your vast experiences regarding this revolver would be greatly appreciated. I always appreciate opinions of those with more knowledge than I have so please chime in with your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DSC04991.JPG
    DSC04991.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 9
  • DSC04992.JPG
    DSC04992.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC04993.JPG
    DSC04993.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC04994.JPG
    DSC04994.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC04995.JPG
    DSC04995.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC04996.JPG
    DSC04996.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC04997.JPG
    DSC04997.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC04998.JPG
    DSC04998.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC04999.JPG
    DSC04999.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC05000.JPG
    DSC05000.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
I don't know a huge amount about them but I have one just like it and have been shooting it for many years. Never had a problem, it seems to be a nice well made revolver. I did make a new front sight for it to get it to hit where it is aimed. Otherwise it's all stock and works great.

Thank you for that info, good to know that they are worth keeping as a shooter. Much appreciated as I don't really have any resources here if anything is needed for one of these.

DGG Doninelli, Grassi and Gazzola. Also the mark of Armi San Paolo and Euroarms. Founded in 1970. They were also in the modern arms industry. Mostly small caliber pistols. I have seen many of these revolvers and seem to be made of good quality. Had some that needed minor repairs. Never seen one I couldn't fix. For the exception of badly abused or neglected. The abused ones were mostly the brass with battered recoil shields. They are good candidates for Confederate replica revolvers as a lot of them have no engraving on the cylinder and the round barrels. Griswolds, Schneiders and Rigdons.

Jappo

DGG Doninelli, Grassi and Gazzola. Also the mark of Armi San Paolo and Euroarms. Founded in 1970. They were also in the modern arms industry. Mostly small caliber pistols. I have seen many of these revolvers and seem to be made of good quality. Had some that needed minor repairs. Never seen one I couldn't fix. For the exception of badly abused or neglected. The abused ones were mostly the brass with battered recoil shields. They are good candidates for Confederate replica revolvers as a lot of them have no engraving on the cylinder and the round barrels. Griswolds, Schneiders and Rigdons.

Jappo
Also this site might be helpful. I've found a lot of good information on it.

https://www.capandballrevolvers.com/MAKERS_AND_IMPORTERS

Latest posts

Back