• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Eastern Maine patches vs. ox-yoke

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
anyone used the dry patches from eastern maine shooting supply? are they as good as ox-yoke? ordered some old stock ox-yokes and guy sent the emss...just wonderin? who took over ox-yoke? can't remember....thanks! RC

RC said:
anyone used the dry patches from eastern maine shooting supply? are they as good as ox-yoke? ordered some old stock ox-yokes and guy sent the emss...just wonderin? who took over ox-yoke? can't remember....thanks! RC
RMS or RMC...whatever that abbreviation is...I think RMC...took over Oxyoke...have the catalog at the house.

Being that the seed group of employees who formed EMSS are alledgedly former Oxyoke employees, I'd bet all the patches they're marketing are the same material as Oxyoke...probably from the same supplier...I think some of my .62cal pillow ticking is EMSS and I couldn't tell any difference

My understanding is that when the existing Ox-Yoke plant burned down, the employees raised money to buy the assets of the business and reopen as Eastern Maine Shooting Supplies. I have patching material in bags from the old and new business names and can't tell them apart; also the Milo, ME address is unchanged. They probably reorganized under the new name for some lawyer to justify his fee.

I wish they would manufacture the precut circular patches in .005 thickness again. All I've found in .005 from them is dry strip stock.

Bluejacket said:
:...when the existing Ox-Yoke plant burned down..."

Plant burned down????????

May be but I never heard that before...they were having financial difficulties, struggling on and off for a couple of years...finally stopped taking orders...then not long after RMC announced they had acquired them.

Mornin every body
Who sells the old ox-yoke patches that supports this site? Don at the possible shop don't sell em, any body have a url for them?

Mornin roundball
I seem to be havin a problem findin the url for rmc,,,

RMC makes some really great stuff! Not just patches! BP can spouts, powder measures of all types & sizes, patch worms for every caliber, ram-rod accessory "kits" in shrink-wrap that contains a jag, worm, scraper, nipple pick, etc. I own lots of RMC products and buy them right of the shelf at Dixon Muzzleloading in Kempton, PA. If something didn't work right, Chuck & Gregg wouldn't sell it! RMC makes good stuff!

All the best, Dave

There was a post some months ago in which it was said that the plant burned down and the employees pooled resources to start up again under their own management. At least that's how I read the post. That, coupled with the Milo address on the Eastern Maine Shooting Supply site, led me to believe it to be fact.

Sorry if I misled anyone.

Fool me once, and so forth.....

Bluejacket

BJ...I'm not saying you're wrong...I really don't "know" any more than the next guy...was just literally surprised to hear about a fire being associated with their demise as I had never heard that before...so don't change your story based upon my single reaction :wink:

RC said:

The pre-lubed ticking patches I have from Eastern Maine look and perform exactly as the original Ox-Yoke patches....they're great! Eastern Maine is run by the former Ox-Yoke employees.

Hello,Responding to your wish for .005 patches.
I buy mine from Eastern Maine Shooting Supplies.
they seem to carry them in stock and ship the same day i call.

Hi , Just to clearify. The old ox-yoke address was
34 west main st milo Maine 04463.....

The Eastern Maine Shooting Supplies. address that I order from is 71 Main st Milo Maine 04463

Good luck

Doug

Hi, The Ox-yoke building is in perfect health and is being put up for sale in a forcloser auction
oct 2 2007 at 10:00am. They had 2 fires in the building a couple years apart the first around 2000 but recovered from both. then closed the plant in april 2005.

just for the record

Doug

Hello

Eastern maine shooting supplies does make the .005
patches in dry and lubed. I buy the lubed ones.

good luck

Latest posts

Back