• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex vs. Swiss in Pedersoli .45 Frontier Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about this data of 2Fg Goex vs. Swiss?
image0.png

image1.jpeg

The 13% velocity increase of Swiss being higher than Goex correlates with what others have posted above. But what about this idea? If velocity is what you are chasing ...

Whereas 3Fg powdah is given to be at least 10% hotter than 2Fg, using Goex 3Fg in place of Goex 2Fg could also give you the velocity you're seeking at a lower powdah purchase co$t ...

What about this data of 2Fg Goex vs. Swiss?View attachment 212567

View attachment 212568

The 13% velocity increase of Swiss being higher than Goex correlates with what others have posted above. But what about this idea? If velocity is what you are chasing ...

Whereas 3Fg powdah is given to be at least 10% hotter than 2Fg, using Goex 3Fg in place of Goex 2Fg could also give you the velocity you're seeking at a lower powdah purchase co$t ...
I’ve always heard that 2F powder burns at lower pressures than 3F powder so you would have a higher pressure spike using the 3F. Typically the 2F will give you the same velocity, or more, if enough barrel length/bore size space is given for the extra burn time. It just builds slower. That is why you can sometimes go to a easier loading, thinner patch or smaller round ball, when you switch to 2F because you don’t have as high of a pressure spike at ignition, trying to blow by the seal on the PRB.

Last edited:
FWIW: I cannot get decent groups using Swiss. Goex and Schutezen perform just fine for me in a couple different rifles.
I wonder have you played around with the powder charges or are you trying the same charge by weight or volume in all the powders? Might be that the Swiss’s extra velocity is blowing the accuracy. I found that my rifle liked 90 grains of Goex but only 75 grains of Swiss.

Back