• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

early rustic arms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbyram

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to this outfit?
I need to get in touch with the owner;Terry Williams I believe.He has'nt taken a phone call
from me since I paid him a deposit.
Wayne Byram

What kind of time factor are you talking about. Was is a few months ago or a few years? A few years ago, I would be concerned, months not so much.
Has the estimated delivery date past?

Did you get an estimated delivery?

Frankly with these class of guns expect slow delivery, promises and screened calls. Whats too good to be true usually is. I cant see how any profit is made. In that cost range, one would assume a large volume of work and a struggle from build to build. I hope it works out for you.

A negative snowball, your deposit likely funded the build ahead of yours and so on and so on. Some time it all catches up and results are not ideal. That's a risk we take especially with the lower priced "Bargain" builders.

It is now almost three years.He gave me a delivery time of 4 months,since it was a kit
rather than a finished rifle.I gave him six months
before calling for an update.He never responded to any of the messages I left.
Wayne Byram

Good luck ,at one time I also was in the same position as you, Over a three year wait and always a run around situation if and when I could get the business on the phone. Long story but in the end finally a nice smooth bore. I am sure if you re-search the archives in this forum you will find this is fairly much the situation. I progressed from this and now only look to builders with in a 100 mile range of my home.Currently awaiting a Andreas Albricht and the other day the builder called me to give a progress report,I don't mind waiting and understand life's little side roads but this seems like a on going situation with E.R.A. Good Luck, AN APPALACHIAN HUNTER

I called and talked to him several months back. he said his current backlog was about 3 months.

I pm'ed you his phone number.

Stories like these always boggle my mind.
After one month of unreturned calls he would be getting a certified letter from my lawyer and then he would get served if he didn't respond.

After one month of unreturned calls he would be getting a certified letter from my lawyer and then he would get served if he didn't respond.

:thumbsup:

Sounds like me. I'm in the middle of one now that I promised a while back. That's why I don't take orders. I build what I want and then sell it.

azmntman said:

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: +1

I too was looking for a new flinter smoothbore. ERA site and display rifles were very, very nice, and I was tempted. After doing more research and picking up bits from forums on their delivery times I changed my mind. I was looking at a kit from Cabin Creek, but in the mean time, just what I wanted came up on TOW and I nailed it.
Their prices and finished rifles make them highly attractive as a builder. But as was pointed out knowing the cost of the parts vs the price quoted, I just don't see how one could make a living doing it with that margin. Even outfits like Sitting Fox are quoting $600 to assemble a kit for you.

Back