• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN DP .50 Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This gun is new and has had less than 100 shots fired. I have given up on flintlocks and will stick to percussion. I have tried every thing suggested to have a consistent fast ignition to no avail and really don’t have the patience for it so it’s for sale. $600.00. My Dixie .32 flint will go also in another post. I will pay shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_8519.jpeg
    IMG_8519.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8518.jpeg
    IMG_8518.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8517.jpeg
    IMG_8517.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8516.jpeg
    IMG_8516.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Well the transaction did not work out. So I think this is still available. I have no reservations or issues about the gun, it seems really solid gun.

You might want to check the box it came in or manual, what you're showing is Pedersoli's Kentucky rifle, not the Frontier.

I lo
You might want to check the box it came in or manual, what you're showing is Pedersoli's Kentucky rifle, not the Frontier.

ok, I checked on the company website as it did not come with a box. The Kentucky has the big ornate patch box at the rear side or the stock and adjustable sights. The plain frontier does not. I was told when I bought it that it was a frontier.

I lo

ok, I checked on the company website as it did not come with a box. The Kentucky has the big ornate patch box at the rear side or the stock and adjustable sights. The plain frontier does not. I was told when I bought it that it was a frontier.
It's the stock shape that's different. Actually it's the Pennsylvania rifle.

The Frontier rifle has a 39 inch barrel and a long French type lock with a pointed end and a scalloped forend with screws holding the barrel in through the thimbles. This rifle looks like a Pedersoli Kentucky sold by Cabelas. The Cabelas model differs in that it doesn't have a patchbox and it has double set triggers and a 35 inch barrel. The regular Pedersoli Kentucky has a single trigger and a patchbox and 35 inch barrel. The Pennsylvania IIRC has a 40 or 41 inch barrel with double set triggers.

Bob

This gun is new and has had less than 100 shots fired. I have given up on flintlocks and will stick to percussion. I have tried every thing suggested to have a consistent fast ignition to no avail and really don’t have the patience for it so it’s for sale. $600.00. My Dixie .32 flint will go also in another post. I will pay shipping.
Has this been sold or spoken for? If not I am interested. Thanks.

Ok guys. I stand corrected. Thank you Bob Hatfield. This is a Cabelas Pennsylvania rifle. If you can find one they list for 600.00-625.00 new. Since I have played a bit with it I will drop the price to $550.00. Again much thanks to Bob for helping me out.

I lo

The Frontier's stock does not have the Roman Nose stock. Among other things. I have a L&R Ketland lock on her, and it works great - if you want to change your mind. The DP Frontier comes in 4 flavors I know of. The un-brassed plain version with a Walnut stock, the De-Luxe with brass everywhere and a Maple stock, Then there's a limited special order from Cabelas that were un-brassed, but with a Maple stock (I got lucky there), and there's the Blue Ridge, Which I've never handled.
Unfortunately I have found an air-rifle (exactly the model my Da taught me to shoot with back in '78) and I'm committed in an auction.
If you still want to sell come month-end, drop me a PM. Might as well get me a Pennsylvania. I think I can fit her in at my place if I move my longbow somewhere else.

Attachments

• 20230307_105516 (2).jpg
    20230307_105516 (2).jpg
    976.7 KB · Views: 0
Good Morning. Thank you for the extra information. I’m learning all the time. You are the first to say you might want it. So we will see that’s the best I can do right now seeing how the heating unit at the house just went out last week 😳

Good Morning. Thank you for the extra information. I’m learning all the time. You are the first to say you might want it. So we will see that’s the best I can do right now seeing how the heating unit at the house just went out last week 😳
Yes, well it will be contingent on this German air-gun right in the immediate. Then we'll jaw and find out what you have there. If it has a 35" barrel, it ain't a Pennsylvania. That one's spout is round 40"

Alcon:
I have decided to keep this gun. I have had some advice I would like to try. Thank you all for your input. I will let you know how it goes. Thank you again.
I rather thought you might. Glad to have helped. Be interested to hear a harmonious outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back