• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Double Waidmannsheil

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmidt

32 Cal.
Reaction score
German roehunting season opened at first May for Buck and female jearlings. 8 days ago i succeded to shoot a small jearlngbuck in a appelplanting beside a roe killing steet, I used my 6,5x55SE and it shall not matter here. Last sundaymorning was muzzleloader day and I headed to the same region.This time a buck and a female feasted in a current planting. The wind was my friend and I aproached at 10 meters, without any optical contact,they where covered by the currants. After 15 minutes of waiting on my knees, the female slipped through the bushes into sight. She stood broad at 15m I let the roundball fly. She fell immidiately, the buck raced first to me, turned and stopped in his plantline, not knowing wht had happened. I loadet my hawken as silent as possible.
He was now 50m away. I sneaked at him whith 1 row distance.
When I was at his hight, he moved in the neighbour row, stood broad and got the ball at 3m!
This was my first ml-doublet.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here you can see the female lying at the right while the buck stands on the left.

Investarm Hawken, .54, PRB, 90 grains Wano PP

Great job . Nicely told and wonderful getting two deer within a few minutes of each other. Looks like that .54 laid them low with plenty of authority.....................watch yer top knot..................

Hi Klaus,
usually at Bad Neuenahr, and sometimes at Euskirchen, Billiger Wald.
Next time, 17-19 June 2011 I will participate there the "Bärenschiessen", you too?

Hi Baikal
that will be fine
yes for sure i`ll be there
VSV Cologne is my Club and we do the Baerenschiessen ( Bear Hunt Competition) every Year
Competition:50 m Muzzelloaders or BP Breechloaders
and 100m for Sharps,Rolling Block ,Winchester ...
if possibile for you come on over on Saturday or Sunday morning before 10 am if you will enjoy both.
we have got the experiences that it could be a little bit short in time if you come later....
see you for some small talk
Klaus :thumbsup:

Hello All,

read a lot of German Language here in the Forum
thinking about a lot of you have spend some times at US Army in Germany ..

I will take pic`s from our "Baerenschiessen" to show it here in the Forum
Klaus :thumbsup:

Congratulations to you sir. Thats what us Alabama rednecks call gettin er done :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back