• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Doc White Custom Rigby Style Sporting Rifle .451

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rigby Style .451 Sporting Rifle that I had built several years ago by Dr. Gary 'Doc' White of GRRW fame. His description follows.

DOC-built 451 caliber English Sporting rifle with super fancy walnut halfstock, really an elegant piece of wood. You can see that the breech is a Manton with Drip Bar over the traditional flat spring lock. There is a pistol grip and Alexander Henry forearm. The lock is a Henry design too. The Kelly barrel is tapered octagon 30 inches long in 451 caliber with 1-20 twist and shallow 0.035 thou deep grooves,meant for long lubricated White (or Whitworth) type elongated lubricated bullets. These guns are terrific hunting rifles and are capable of 1000 yard target shooting. All furniture is iron, the buttplate is checkered wood, an English whim of the 1860’s. There is an under-rib with two ferrules. The barrel is browned, the other iron furniture blued and the stock varnished English style. Sights are a Globe front and English style adjustable ladder rear- looks much like the adjustable ladder rear Springfield sight that was so popular from the 1850’s on. (Springfield copied it from the original English Sporting-Target rifle sights)

Although this is a beautiful rifle, it was designed to be used. It is extremely functional and ergonomic, every part of it friendly to the user. The butt is thick and wide to soak up recoil, it fits shooters using either hand without alteration, balance is superb for offhand, sights are adjustable and good for up to 700 yards as is.

I'm going to give the buyer 5 packs of 20 each White Super Slug slip fit bullets . These are extremely hard to find. I'll pay the shipping on these and they will ship separately.

It took over two years for Doc to build and ship this rifle. When I got it I fired it twice just to check the recoil. Its really no more than my T/C Renegade. I cleaned it and put it in the safe. I'm selling it now for what I've got in it because I had back sugery last fall and all the bills are in to the tune of $200,000 plus!

$1750 plus actual shipping and insurance Postal Money order or PayPal

$1750 plus actual shipping and insurance Postal Money order or PayP 004.JPG005.JPG010.JPG013.JPG016.JPGal..

004.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back