• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WITHDRAWN RIGBY ENGLISH SPORTING RIFLE

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is a Rigby Style English Sporting Rifle in .451 caliber with 1:20 twist and shallow .035 grooves for long, heavy slip-fit bullets. Hand crafted by Doc White from Roosevelt, Utah and signed by him on the barrel. Walnut pistol grip stock, Manton hooked breech, Henry percussion lock with drip bar and Henry style fore-end. Iron furniture finished rust brown, tuned single trigger, graduated 3-leaf rear sight and hooded front sight. Weight about 10 lbs. I am the original owner. The gun is as new and has been fired only about 30 times.

In Doc’s own words: “These rifles were designed for both sporting and target use. The originals designed by Whitworth were capable of 10 inch groups at 1000 yards. A 460 to 520 grain slip/fit lubricated bullet And 70-80 grains of fffg black powder is not only accurate but takes game down dramatically with more than 1200 ft lbs. of energy left at 200 yards. These rifles were the precursors of the heavy bullet buffalo guns of the 1860s.”

$2,200 plus shipping. I have 150 lubricated slip/fit bullets that fit the gun and 50 paper patch bullets that I will include with the gun. It’s really fun to shoot paper patch bullets out of a gun like this.
Price drop to $2,000 plus shipping.
FINAL price drop! $1,800 plus shipping.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back