• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Do any of you wear camo?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camo for turkey, orange vest and hat for other game. Don't much care for hats, gloves or sleeves in orange them parts of you body move a lot, but TN wants me to wear the hat. :nono:

I wear modern camo often w/ no regrets.Sometimes I will wear a riflemans frock coat or my civil war reenacting uniform and greatcoat if I am on my private land.If I hunt public land I wear wool and orange or all orange, for deer,of course.i have worn an orange hat squirrel hunting and it did'nt upset the little devils too much.Jack

I hunt in my "primitive" clothes with a blaze orange vest in the seasons that require one. They blend in well and I have had no problems. Leggings, Moccasins, breechclout, shirts and an overshirt dyed brown, wool waistcoat, black head-scarf, and sometimes a grey matchcoat. I hunt with a .62 Trade gun.
Black Hand

I hunt in a red and black wool Filson macinaw jacket and grey wool pants as well as a blaze hat to keep the city folk from K.C. from shooting my head off when on public land. :shocking:

In Pennsylvanias late Muzzleloader (Flintlock only) Season, you are not require to wear flo-orange. :: I dress in primitive attire as do many of my hunting companions. :thumbsup:
PAFlintlockDoe2002.jpg

Mad Irish Jack O'Donnell-
Nice hunting frock (and rifle!). Do you wear horn and hunting bag on opposite sides?

Here's my FIRST Kill with my Hawkens,, Got it out back in the fardowns,,,,
small.jpg

I wear a white shirt and brown leggins...when I stand really still, I look like a stand of birch trees....

Or a whitetails butt :crackup:

Sorry, I'm not serious, I just couldn't resist.

Larry

:bull:

...however, I have heard that before... :crackup:...of course, obviously you've never seen me--it would be more like "elk butt" than a dinky little whitetail.

I wear Floresent Orange Camo mostly, It breaks up my outline nicely but still allows the other guy to see me. As long as I don't move the deer never know Im there unless they wind me. BJH

Considering that it is a law here to wear that dang orange color for big game hunting...yeah..the camo kind, but..I take it before I wear it, roll it around in a mud puddle..drive over it on a dirt road...then wear it..least it isn't that god awful color where one needs welders goggles if one sees it. As far as my take on camo overall...I ain't goin to war yet so why use it? Way back no one ever heard of the stuff, yet folks got thier turkey and what not.

Considering that it is a law here to wear that dang orange color for big game hunting...yeah..the camo kind, but..I take it before I wear it, roll it around in a mud puddle..drive over it on a dirt road...then wear it..least it isn't that god awful color where one needs welders goggles if one sees it. As far as my take on camo overall...I ain't goin to war yet so why use it? Way back no one ever heard of the stuff, yet folks got thier turkey and what not.

Turkey for sure will see colors and go on alert...but hunter orange has no effect on deer what-so-ever.

I've shot bucks & does as close as a big car length away while sitting on the ground at the edge of a loggers road wearing a large bright orange winter hunting coat...they've walked right up a loggers road or through fairly open hardwoods with me in full view for 50yds or so...never noticed me at all and I was glowing like a neon sign.

Scent and movement are everything in deer hunting.

When I head out I usually wear blue jeans and a checkered flanel shirt. Good shoes and light jacket. As the weather changes, I may opt for a green T shirt or a much warmer coat. Squirrel season the weather is usually warm so I dress light. Deer season is sometimes cooler in the mornings. Elk season is something else. I have hunted wearing everything from shorts and Ts to double long johns and my military parka! I wear camo if it suits and orange when required. Most of the time I dress for comfort, looks be hanged!

Latest posts

Back