• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Do any of you wear camo?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post. I saw the blaze orange post, so I thought I would start this one. I wear an old Woolrich jacket in the old earth tone plaid pattern. Modern camo just doesn't look right for muzzleloading. But then, neither do in-lines. Regular gun season I wear a knit blaze hat.

Hello, this is my first post. I saw the blaze orange post, so I thought I would start this one. I wear an old Woolrich jacket in the old earth tone plaid pattern. Modern camo just doesn't look right for muzzleloading. But then, neither do in-lines. Regular gun season I wear a knit blaze hat.

Sure do...a few sources of good quality outdoor clothes that I can find to fit me are made by hunting clothes manufacturers like 10X, Walls, and of course the stuff wearing the labels of Cabelas, Red Head, etc...and I buy mil-spec camo pants to get the cargo pockets to carry gear...been wearing camo stuff all my life...
:thumbsup:

old main woodsmen :{

i only hunt the so called primitive season we have here in pennslyvania, and flouresent orange isn't required ( yet ) . so i hunt in my traditional longhunter outfit, breech clot, moccasins, leather leggins, and several shirts over top of each other for warmth. get some strange looks but thats ok too. i enjoy hunting that way, makes me feel like i'm back a couple hundred years :m2c:

Of course I wear camoflauge. And goretex and thinsulate and rubber boots and wool. And anything else that helps me to stay warm, comfortable and dry while hunting.
The only thing that changes is the gun.
When I was a lot younger I tried the leather leggings and moccasin bit. It didn't take too many seasons to give that stuff up and save it for rondys.

I bought some quality camo hunting clothes at spectacular clearance prices early this year. Silent rain jacket and pants for 1/2 price, 10x cold weather pants nearly 1/2 price, and water resistant winter coat 1/2 price. with those I wear a brown sock tobogin(spelling?). My favorite warm weather outfit is nylon dark-camo pants and t-shirt under a mosquito-net mesh jacket, very comfy for hot weather. Slightly cool weather I'll wear either plaid quilted flannel or fleece turtle-neck jacket.

I wear camo for sure...and blaze orange as it is required. I don't have a buckskin outfit, maybe someday!

Good luck

All of our rifle hunting seasons, blaze orange is required by law. Even though I might have camo pants and shirts on, they are covered by a blaze orange jacket and of course we can not forget the hat.

Only bow hunters can wear full camo. Which of course I do.

If they did not demand the blaze orange, I am not sure I would dress primitive in my buckskins.. I like warmth and comfort too much and our muzzleloader season is the end of November and first part of December. Wisconsin is not known for it's warm sunny days that time of the year.

Camo in our traditional season here for sure.During regular season a small amount of orange is required and I wear the bare minumium.
Up here during hunting season it only practical to wear the warmest clothes you got!!
Brrrr...it's can get nippy on stand in November. :eek:

I will wear cammo for turkey and squirrel as it is a waste of time otherwise.

As for deer, a rifleman's frock seems to work quite well as it breaks the general outline in my view. Leggings can do the same for the lower body. My orange is on my voyager cap and wrapped on the stand for still hunting or on the vest over the frock while stalking, entering and exiting the woods.

CS

It depends on the legal requirements of the season and the weather. Here in lower TN the first couple of weeks of gun season can get downright warm, and squirrel season can get downright HOT!! I have worn my leggings, mocs, and drop sleeve shirt on several trips to the woods. When it is required I have a blaze orange sash that I drape across my shoulders. Sure do get funny looks at the burger joint.

In NH were I hunt you are not required to wear blaze orange but during the regular rifle season I will wear a blaze orange hat and when on a stand sometimes I will take it off and hang it from a branch above me breaking up the head connected to the body thing. If I hunt late in the season up in Pittsburg I will wear my big blaze orange jacket because at that point there is so much snow on the ground it blends in better than cammo and the thing is warm as toast. I have hunted in below zero weather in that jacket.

During both muzzleloading and rifle season my kids are lit up like christmas trees. Orange jackets or vests and orange hat.

If in a spot I know other hunters are in I will leave my hat on. I use radios to talk with my hunting partners so we know not to shoot in their direction. As soon as I have some extra cash I want to buy a pair of the GMS walkytalkies that have GPS built into them and when the person you talk to keys up it points out exactly where they are. The suckers cost about $150 a piece though.

I wear charcoal wool pants and a filson double mac green in color in our late season in Pa. Hornbuilder what part of Armstrong co. are you from. I'm from around Dayton.

Yep. Camo and some safety orange. With all the dog runners and the "if its brown it goes down" attitude you can bet I don't want to be wearing any buckskins, anything brown or be blowing my nose with a white hanky either. Just glad I got a patch of woods big enough to get in the middle off and not be directly mixed in with the main ebb and flow of the other hunters. We don't allow dog running on the property we hunt. But it goes all around us....The only time I consider wearing traditional clothes is the one week of muzzleloader season....no dogs allowed.

Not during gun season, including m/l. I wear blaze head to toe during regular season, and at least an orange hat and vest during m/l.

I bowhunt in camo; but I seldom see anyone else on foot, and the treestand hunters are easy to spot and avoid.

Too many yahoos during gun season.

Wal-Mart leafy suit (which is pretty mosquito-proof) and Gokey snake boots in warm weather. Regular camo and LaCrosse insulated waterproof boots in cold weather. And, sometimes on cool days, a dark gray/brown plaid Woolrich wool shirt that blends in as good as camo.

In our Michigan Muzzle loading season I usually wear the minimum blaze orange that is required. My Orange Stormy Kromer wool cap works fine. I like my Woolrich brown plaid jacket and usually wear wool camo pants depending on the weather.

Muzzle%20loading%202004%20003.jpg

I wear camoflage while hunting most of the time. I will wear a hunter orange hat or vest where required: or where common sense tells me that I should.

I'll give you a good example, I hunted for moose last year in New Hampshire. Orange is not required but recommended. My dad and I sat and glassed a clearcut with orange hats in our bags. If we spotted someone, we'd take them out( it happened once about 400 yards away) just to warn others we had this spot.

I hunted the NH muzzleloader season and wore camoflage, but I also wore a hat and vest because there were other people around. In this part of southern NH, I knew others were about and didn't want to run into trouble with people. I did the same thing with the regular gun season. I wear camo but I also have an orange hat and vest. Not a legal necessity but common sense.

Latest posts

Back