• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dixie Mountain Flintlock .32 value

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys. I was just curious. I picked up a Dixie Mt Flintlock in .32. It’s a good shooter. Barrel needs to be refinished and a better set of sights. It’s a used gun I got at an auction. Paid a hundred bucks for it. Does anyone have an idea of the value? Not considering selling but just curious of the value and if I got a good deal. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_8428.jpeg
    IMG_8428.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
The Dixie Mountain rifles are accurate but heavy, and they use the old Ashmore lock. No parts are available. At that price you could afford to replace the lock and still be below current prices.

I have not pulled the barrel. The only markings I can find anywhere is on the top of the barrel. It says “ Dixie Gun Works Union City Tennessee. I have heard that some of these had barrels made in Spain. Any more info would be appreciated

The early ones with a brass patchbox were fire locks from Spain. I believe that one to have been built by Miroku, the Japanese arms company that also makes Browning rifle and shotguns (if they still do). I'd say that's at least a $400 to $500 value.
Thank you so much. It shoots rb’s almost in the same hole at 25 yards. I just need to shoot it more

Real bargain for a hundred. Gotta be worth 3 times that anyway! I'd love to stumble on one! The old Dixie's that were made in Belgium are highly sought after; don't know if yours is one, but it looks sweet! Good luck!

Hi Guys. I was just curious. I picked up a Dixie Mt Flintlock in .32. It’s a good shooter. Barrel needs to be refinished and a better set of sights. It’s a used gun I got at an auction. Paid a hundred bucks for it. Does anyone have an idea of the value? Not considering selling but just curious of the value and if I got a good deal. Thanks.
What a steal. You lucked out. I’m so jealous.

Real bargain for a hundred. Gotta be worth 3 times that anyway! I'd love to stumble on one! The old Dixie's that were made in Belgium are highly sought after; don't know if yours is one, but it looks sweet! Good luck!
I have a Ted Turne (pre-dixie)Belgium made in 1956 for sale if you're interested PM me.
It's a .40 cal. flint.

Well being new to flint locks I am learning. Sometimes frustrating to tell the truth. Last time I shot it was off a lead sled and at 25 yards balls were touching 5 in a row. No hesitation it ignition. Yesterday ran a few windex patches then some dry patches to make sure it was clean and dry. Ran a pick in the touch hole. Checked for good spark before loading. Loaded and primed both with 3F. No Boom😳.
Blew out the pan till clean, wiped it out. Checked for spark. No spark. Played with it for awhile and finally got 2 shots off with delayed ignition. Pan it 3/4 filled with powder away from the hole.. at least with those 2 shots still using sled I broke 2 clay pidgins at 60 yards. 😃 guess it will take time. But sure gets frustrating. 😂

Great rifle although a bit muzzle heavy. It was made in Japan. That is a DGW Tennessee Squirrel Rifle. It should have a production number proceeded by an S to indicate Squirrel Rifle opposite of the touch hole. If there is no number the barrel may have been replaced or it may be a kit.

Latest posts

Back