• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Did the unthinkable to my GPR but I love it!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here is my results as promised! Again Thanks for all the helpful ideas and also starting this thread as I have learned something new! Reds
It is your rifle and if you like it, that is all that matters. In my personal opinion the omission of the forend cap, and not having a rib under the barrel in front of the stock up to the rear ramrod thimble gives the rifle an "odd" look. Just my personal opinion and worth what I am charging for it-nothing.

Yes it’s odd as this CVA Mountain Stalker has no underrib just that “block” for the ramrod. Also had no friend cap. I refinished it as my Daddy gave it to me with the addition of a better set of sights just in case he will join me on a hunt with it this fall !!! He turns 90 in October on the first day of fall muzzleloader season. Would be great if he did go and got to use his “Ole Smokepole!!!

Yes it’s odd as this CVA Mountain Stalker has no underrib just that “block” for the ramrod. Also had no friend cap. I refinished it as my Daddy gave it to me with the addition of a better set of sights just in case he will join me on a hunt with it this fall !!! He turns 90 in October on the first day of fall muzzleloader season. Would be great if he did go and got to use his “Ole Smokepole!!!
I think it is awesome both the gun as well as you and your dad going hunting. I remember years ago me an my dad went on our last elk hunt together. That elk today hangs on my wall. Man I miss YOU DAD! Make it one hell of a trip to remember. I wish you both good luck on your hunt.

Latest posts

Back