• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deer creek products

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an experience with them last night.

They wanted $30.95 to ship a Philadelphia Derringer kit.

Needless to say, it's still sitting on the shelf.

I do plan to send them a stock with trigger/lock as I need it repaired and not sure which it is, trigger or lock. That way they can repair/tune for the stock it's in. I plan to have to pay $$$$ on freight but have heard good things from others about them. I can't seem to find a local Joe/member that would wanna repair it so I pay the Mom & Pop (which I a all about supporting).

Last edited:
Ordered a Derringer from them yesterday. YES! Shipping was pricey.....but in comparison to The $500 dollar Pedrosoli its, a bargain. Just something else to play around with. The 30 bucks shipping was high but what are you going to do? Ya wannit? You pay....30 bucks is a couple of days out of my truck tank...a few days of cold cuts for sandwiches ect.....all relevant.....

I think I've only ordered from them once (so far), but it went very well. I didn't need to do any email or telephone communication. I just ordered what I wanted online. I received acknowledgement immediately, and notification when shipped. Delivery was very fast, maybe 4-5 days. The order was complete and well packaged. I don't recall what I paid for shipping, but if it had been out of line, Angus McNotchy would not have placed the order. No problems, no drama.

I think they are probably one of the better online retailers who cater to our sport. They don't have a really extensive product line and can't compete with Dixie or Track in that respect, but if they have what you want, Deer Creek is a good place to get it.

I would like to point out that they also maintain a "discontinued & closeout" section on their website. I bought some slightly oxidized swaged round balls from them at a very good price. They shoot just fine.

I'll be a repeat customer.

Notchy Bob

Last edited:
I have bought from them many times & nothing but good to say about them.

i have bought from them for 30 years and bottem line they get my business even when i can drive to totw if they have what i need they are better priced then picking it up in person in elk river

No problems of any kind with Deer Creek..
I’ve bought several items from Jim, both at Friendship and online.

They are a Master Distributor of Goex products and supply many other vendors with powder.
Once Goex goes back into production, I’m sure he’ll pick up right where he left off..

Also he purchased all of Tip Curtis Frontier Shop inventory after MrTip passed away..

I’m not sure that they do gun repair however…

I talked with Jim last Fall at Friendship and he did mention that he was looking too possibly start building some muzzleloaders..

He has a ton of inventory!

He now occupies Tips building at Friendship during the Spring & Fall shoots.

Ordered a Derringer from them yesterday. YES! Shipping was pricey.....but in comparison to The $500 dollar Pedrosoli its, a bargain. Just something else to play around with. The 30 bucks shipping was high but what are you going to do? Ya wannit? You pay....30 bucks is a couple of days out of my truck tank...a few days of cold cuts for sandwiches ect.....all relevant.....
No problems of any kind with Deer Creek..
I’ve bought several items from Jim, both at Friendship and online.

They are a Master Distributor of Goex products and supply many other vendors with powder.
Once Goex goes back into production, I’m sure he’ll pick up right where he left off..

Also he purchased all of Tip Curtis Frontier Shop inventory after MrTip passed away..

I’m not sure that they do gun repair however…

I talked with Jim last Fall at Friendship and he did mention that he was looking too possibly start building some muzzleloaders..

He has a ton of inventory!

He now occupies Tips building at Friendship during the Spring & Fall shoots.
I shipped a pistol I sold on this forum this morning. With just $200 of insurance it cost me $26 to ship it priority mail. With paying an employee and providing boxes and packing $30 is about right.

Back