• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dealer ethics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Swampy says. "If you read between the lines" does nothing for me as a newb. It may work for you more knowledgeable, experienced personna. It leaves the one who doesn't read between the lines and or play this cat and mouse game vulnerable. I for one don't like it. JMO. Mac.

One main thing to remember is that salesmen are just like politicians, you can tell if their lying if their lips move.Of corse you couldn't see his lips on the phone.If you had an inspection period then I would not have too much comeback if you didn;t use it.And as long as you feel its still a bargain then no one really got hurt.I assume by your hints that you are reffering to DGW in TN. Like any Co. as they get larger the bottom line becomes the controling factor.But in this case I'd say you failed to take advantage of the inspection agreement, so you are the responsible party.Not them.

bioprof said:
Swampy said:
I think he may have, if you read between the lines.

But I agree if your not going to come right out and name names why even post this?

Yes, read between the quotation marks.

You mean this?

"collector's firearms"

You're still playing games. Nobody wants to play stupid games.

You do a great disservice to all the people who don't know your "code" and don;t see any
'lines' to read between. What the hell happened to communicating like an adult? If you have something to say - say it. :shake:

Sorry, but this BS really irks me.

nice website...
I used to have a C&R license and bought a bunch of mil-surplus center fire guns over the years.
same deal..they...The dealers... show you a "very nice" model and ship you a POS :cursing:
what can you do?? Ship it back, or clean it up.
Thanks for the warning.
Some one should e-mail them with an attachment of this thread :grin:

Ethics?Thats an oxymoron these days.Buyer Beware no matter what you buy.I trust most people but I watch out too.

I know it seems like ethics are a thing of the past, but in the area of muzzleloading that's just not true. Look at quality people like Jim and Barbie Chambers and Matt and Toni Avance. We have folks like Mike Brooks and Roy Stroh and Chris right here on the forum--and I haven't mentioned a fraction of the people here. And let's not forget Thompson Center's incredible warranty. Sometimes it is hard to remember all the good people when you hear about a bad one. But I really believe the bad ones are the minority.

Carl Davis said:
bioprof said:
Swampy said:
I think he may have, if you read between the lines.

But I agree if your not going to come right out and name names why even post this?

Yes, read between the quotation marks.

You mean this?

"collector's firearms"

You're still playing games. Nobody wants to play stupid games.

You do a great disservice to all the people who don't know your "code" and don;t see any
'lines' to read between. What the hell happened to communicating like an adult? If you have something to say - say it. :shake:

Sorry, but this BS really irks me.
the name of the place is collectors firearms

Collecors Firearms return policy seems fair to me:

Return Policy
We give a three day inspection period. (This does NOT apply to Lay-Aways.)
We must receive the merchandise back in the same condition as we shipped it to qualify to receive a refund.
We refund the purchase price of the merchandise only. No refunds on shipping costs.
Refunds on cancelled purchases are less 15% restocking fee.

If you lapped the barrel, they would not have to refund your money.

RDE

Doesn't seem fair to me. You pay shipping both ways for an item that was not as advertised. Then they hit you with a 15% "restocking" fee Which is a load of tripe. Let's say round trip shipping is $50.00 and the item's cost was $1000.00. So the restocking fee is $150.00. That would mean that you are out $200.00 and have nothing to show for it all because the company is run by unethical, lying S.O.Bs. At that rate, the company's best profit is going to be gained by selling the same item over and over to unsatisfied customers.

I'm sure the company sees this as fair but it's really highway robbery and they ought to be ashamed of themselves. I suppose as long as there are people out there who think this is fair and ethical behavior the outfit will remain in business.

I understand your concerns, but when a person buys from a place you know the rules going into the purchase and have to make a decision if their rules are right for you.

After numerous bad experiences, I do not and will not buy used guns that require shipping. Yes, I miss some good deals, but then again I have my money and I am not aggrevated either.

RDE

Russ T Frizzen said:
Doesn't seem fair to me. You pay shipping both ways for an item that was not as advertised. Then they hit you with a 15% "restocking" fee Which is a load of tripe. Let's say round trip shipping is $50.00 and the item's cost was $1000.00. So the restocking fee is $150.00. That would mean that you are out $200.00 and have nothing to show for it all because the company is run by unethical, lying S.O.Bs. At that rate, the company's best profit is going to be gained by selling the same item over and over to unsatisfied customers.

I'm sure the company sees this as fair but it's really highway robbery and they ought to be ashamed of themselves. I suppose as long as there are people out there who think this is fair and ethical behavior the outfit will remain in business.

Where's the 'lying'? They publish their return policy and they adhere to it. I don't see any lying going on. You're free to accept their terms or not - nobody's forcing you to send them your money. I also see no ethics issue here; the majority of American mail order businesses have and follow the same policy.

Dixie Gun Works: "The purchaser is responsible for postage for any returned items. On items returned after the five day inspection period, we reserve the right to refuse to accept the return or to charge a restocking fee. We always stand behind our merchandise and will refund on items which are inadvertently misrepresented."

Midsouth Shooter's Supply: "No COD returns will be accepted. All returns will be inspected by our Return and Exchange person to determine the correct disposition. Returns of non-defective merchandise is subject to a 20% restocking fee. The customer is responsible for return freight, COD charges, credit card fees and up to 5% for repackaging. Return freight must be prepaid and the items must be insured for the customer’s protection. Credit for returns or exchanges will be made via the same payment method that was used for the order."

I could go on, but I have better things to do with my time.

Sorry, but if they send you the wrong item, they should stand good for the shipping, AND NO restocking fee should be charged. They are also bound by their own contract, and that says, in essence, "if you order a given product, and send us the sales price, tax, and Shipping and handling fees, we will send you that product." When they send you the wrong part or product, they are in Breach of their contractual agreement. If they attempt to charge you for shipping, and for a restock fee, contact the Consumer Fraud Division of your State's Attorney General office.

The lying comes in when they ship something that is not as advertised. Perhaps fraud is more acceptable to you. And these restocking fees are a complete rip off. I suppose if someone is the owner of this sort of business, they would be quite upset to have this sweet source of income challenged. I doubt that they are particularly upset at being called unethical since they gave up any sense of ethics or honor a long time ago.

Back