• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Davis Tradegun flintlock lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deitera4

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I am looking for a Davis Tradegun flintlock lock. Normal suppliers are backordered.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201211-134649.png
    Screenshot_20201211-134649.png
    351 KB · Views: 90
deitera4,

I don't know if you need this lock as a replacement, to fit the inlet on an existing gun, for a collection, or for a scratch-built firearm. I understand this lock exchanges with the Pedersoli LOTT lock without much difficulty. Anyway, if you must have this specific lock, you may be in for a long wait. Word around the campfire suggests the foundry that produced the parts from which this lock is assembled is no longer producing them. I think the Log Cabin Sport Shop in Lodi, Ohio, acquired the R.E. Davis business. I don't know if they will get these locks back in production or not. There are probably a few of these locks "out there," in people's parts buckets, but you may need to cast a wide net to find one. I would recommend that you join the American Longrifles (ALR) forum and put your "wanted" notice in the classifieds there. I think that forum may be used by a higher percentage of professional builders than here, although there is certainly a good bit of overlap in membership.

If you are scratch-building a trade gun and you need a large, round-faced English lock, you have some other options. Track of the Wolf (TOTW) now sells their own trade gun lock, although it may be out of stock right now. Last time I looked, Muzzleloader Builders Supply had them, but that was a while back. The L&R Queen Anne lock would probably serve in a pinch. While it is a big lock, it isn't quite as wide as a trade gun lock, and it may also need some work to optimize its function. Jim Kibler sells a large, round faced English lock that is said to be outstanding, but I don't know its dimensions. Jim Chambers' "Virginia" locks are highly regarded and correctly styled but may be a smidge smaller than the Davis lock. Danny Caywood sells the same locks he uses on his trade guns, and I can say from experience they are excellent. If you are able to assemble your own, Chris Hirsch sells a parts set that is an exact duplicate of an original Belgian Northwest gun lock.

Good luck!

Notchy Bob

deitera4,

I don't know if you need this lock as a replacement, to fit the inlet on an existing gun, for a collection, or for a scratch-built firearm. I understand this lock exchanges with the Pedersoli LOTT lock without much difficulty. Anyway, if you must have this specific lock, you may be in for a long wait. Word around the campfire suggests the foundry that produced the parts from which this lock is assembled is no longer producing them. I think the Log Cabin Sport Shop in Lodi, Ohio, acquired the R.E. Davis business. I don't know if they will get these locks back in production or not. There are probably a few of these locks "out there," in people's parts buckets, but you may need to cast a wide net to find one. I would recommend that you join the American Longrifles (ALR) forum and put your "wanted" notice in the classifieds there. I think that forum may be used by a higher percentage of professional builders than here, although there is certainly a good bit of overlap in membership.

If you are scratch-building a trade gun and you need a large, round-faced English lock, you have some other options. Track of the Wolf (TOTW) now sells their own trade gun lock, although it may be out of stock right now. Last time I looked, Muzzleloader Builders Supply had them, but that was a while back. The L&R Queen Anne lock would probably serve in a pinch. While it is a big lock, it isn't quite as wide as a trade gun lock, and it may also need some work to optimize its function. Jim Kibler sells a large, round faced English lock that is said to be outstanding, but I don't know its dimensions. Jim Chambers' "Virginia" locks are highly regarded and correctly styled but may be a smidge smaller than the Davis lock. Danny Caywood sells the same locks he uses on his trade guns, and I can say from experience they are excellent. If you are able to assemble your own, Chris Hirsch sells a parts set that is an exact duplicate of an original Belgian Northwest gun lock.

Good luck!

Notchy Bob
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back