• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD .40 southern 3/4 stock swamped barrel curly ash flintlock $1300

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale is my personal .40 caliber flintlock I built around 2 years ago. Rifle has a swamped Colerain barrel 36"s long. I cut the barrel back from 38" to improve balance. Nicely tuned Davis English lock...fast and sparks like crazy, Davis double set triggers....nicely tuned....unset the front trigger pull is only 2-3 pounds. Iron hardware, pewter nosecap, curly ash underlug. White lightnin' touch hole liner
Rifle weighs 7.8#s
Has a very small amount of cast off and can be shot right or left handed
13 7/8" length of pull

$1300 shipped payment by Postal money order, cashiers check or personal check to clear.

Attachments

• 431.jpg
    431.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 435.jpg
    435.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 429.jpg
    429.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 432.jpg
    432.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 418.jpg
    418.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 415.jpg
    415.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 428.jpg
    428.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 421.jpg
    421.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 422.jpg
    422.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thank you!

To me this gun is just a shade darker than what it looks like in my first set of pics. It's very overcast here this morning so I took a few more pics....

The little silver spot at the wrist is from a bug hole.....I just melted some pewter and filled it.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
For sale is my personal .40 caliber flintlock I built around 2 years ago. Rifle has a swamped Colerain barrel 36"s long. I cut the barrel back from 38" to improve balance. Nicely tuned Davis English lock...fast and sparks like crazy, Davis double set triggers....nicely tuned....unset the front trigger pull is only 2-3 pounds. Iron hardware, pewter nosecap, curly ash underlug. White lightnin' touch hole liner
Rifle weighs 7.8#s
13 7/8" length of pull

$1500 shipped payment by Postal money order, cashiers check or personal check to clear.
A beauty & excellent quality build, should sell fast :thumb:

Rifle weighs 7.8#s
13 7/8" length of pull

$1500 shipped payment by Postal money order, cashiers check or personal check to clear.
Beautiful gun wrong time of the year financially

I like everything about this rifle - length weight, balance, lock, triggers…
If only I hadn’t bought a .40 last year that is quite similar in many ways.
Good luck with the sale. Someone will be proud to own this rifle.

Back