• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Squirrel Rifle Specs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamonta

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone have the specifications for the CVA squirrel rifle? Length, width of barrel, weight, length of pull, calibers available? Thanks - got a hankering for one.

Off the top of my head, 3/4"x25" barrel, .32 and .36 caliber, and 4.5-5 lbs. Will have to measure my .32 when I get home if no one posts the information you're asking for before then.

ok, my .32 caplock CVA Squirrel, weighs about 4.5 lbs, but that is according to a bathroom scale so I don't fully trust that to be accurate. The buttplate is 1 5/8" x 4.5". The lenght of pull is 14" with the single trigger version like mine, don't know about the double set trigger version. Overall lenght is 41.5 inches from the muzzle to the toe of the stock. 2.5" drop at heel. The barrel is 24 1/4" from muzzle to breech measuring with a ramrod, but 25" from muzzle to tang. Sight raduis is 16.5" from rear surface of rear sight to rear edge of front sight blade, but I replaced my sights with a traditional rear buckhorn and a silver blade up front. Does that help any, or did I miss any measurements, other than an accurate weight, that you would like? My main complaint with this rifle is that I wish there was more drop in the stock. It shoots well, just could be more comfortable. Now kids and smaller women seem to love it, but my 5'10 height and 215 lbs frame it feels toy-like.

Thanks that's perfect. We have nearly identical frames and that was my concern. Of course that's a light weight to pack around and may be worth it. I was looking at a 32 - not a lot of squirrels out hear in the high desert, but quite a few rabbits!
Thanks

When shooting it, I tend to have to either really press my cheek down on the stock or slide my head towards the rear of the stock some to get a good sight picture. Works ok, but not very comfortable for long range sessions. Now my girlfriend, who is closer to 5'4 or so, loves it, so she shoots it a lot more than I do--and it seems to fit her well. So it isn't just collecting dust like it would be if it was waiting on me to use it. And you're absolutely right about the packing weight and how comfortable it is on long hikes. It's almost not noticeable. Now as much as I love my GPR, and orefer to shoot it, this is the second lightest long gun I have. The lightest is a modified 10/22, but that is off topic here so irrelevant.

Back