• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Mountain Pistol my brother bought me

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentuckywindage

62 Cal.
Reaction score
CVA Mountain Pistol my brother bought me for christmas. Haven't received it yet as I just found it last night.
LASTMINUTEBUCK008_zpse4b1d7eb.jpg

Always thought they were handsome pistols. You are a lucky fellow.

Don

I am relieved to see it was a pistol and not a depiction of getting lucky......

LOL true but ive never seen one online in flintlock version, these are scare enough as it is in percussion.

warhawk77 said:
Very cool. Makes me wish I had a brother. Maybe I should go talk to my dad :rotf:
...and he'll tell you to take a flying leap and get thee to a cloning clinic! :blah: :rotf:

My dad is 64 so I bet he would say something close to that. Might be a little more colorful. :rotf:

My brother in laws don't love me that much.

Those CVA Mountain Pistols were the right pistol at the right price when they came out 30 odd years ago. Excepting the odd things Dixie sometimes had, the only real guns to fit in the Mountain Man arena were Lyman's "New Plain's Pistol" and Navy Arms "Harper's Ferry" and "British flint Dragoon". The second was a much more accurate version of those things others imported from Spain, Italy or Liege. The "Dragoon" didn't last long, maybe it's wasn't everyone "schtick". Green River Forge also had out one they called the "Hudson Bay Factor's Pistol" that came in .50 rifled or .595 smooth bored, but these had a $450 price tag and that was a bit back then. The CVA got some knocks from a few about general appearance, etc. but they shot like a house-afire and had the cool belt hook...how can you not like a belt hook?!

Have we all forgot something? This feller"found" his present. For shame, now the surprise will be missing from his face on Christmas( I refuse to call it xxxXmas) morning. :doh: But good luck with using your new weapon and enjoy it for many years.

christmas will start with a bang!

It was either the pistol or a new pitbull puppy. Its to cold right now for potty training, that will wait till spring or summer. I just lost my 9 year old big guy 1 week ago :shake:

mtmike said:
I only see 1 small flaw :nono: it don't use Flint :blah:
Ah, good eye :thumbsup: :hatsoff: but it still is a good lookin pistol :bow:

Sorry for your loss. Dogs should live 80 years and politicians 10 huh?

I had a .45 like that in flintlock in late 70's. Have a .50 now, hit a quarter at 20 yds bout every shot! have fun. and DONT skimp on yer brothers gift!

Sorry for the loss. I know that isn't easy, cause I know how I am with mine, and wish he would live as long as I do, or the other way around, whichever way that ends up being.

Back