• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA double - opinions?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been covered. I tried about five searches and every one came up with 500 responses.
There I was, at the gunshop, again. On the rack was a CVA double percussion .50 cal. Pretty gun.New, I think.
What is known about this weapon? I thought that it made sense to ask before buying.
Thanks.
Pete

I bought one because during Ohio's ML season I usually see several deer at a time, and I wanted to be able to take two at one time. However, I found that the barrels weren't regulated to the same point of aim, being about 8" apart at 50 yards, and there is no provision for regulating the barrels. The only solution I could come up with would be to mount another set of sights, so there'd be one for each barrel. It's possible the one you are looking at IS regulated, but short of having a laser to put in each barrel to check the sights, you'd have to take it out and shoot it. Most shops probably won't let you do that, and the fact it's in the gun shop now is a strong hint.

If you really want a double, the Kodiak (by Pedersoli) is of better quality and better lookin, IMHO. Does the CVA you are looking at have the band around the end of the barrels you are supposed to tghten or loosen to regulate the bores? That seemed kind of cheesy...just my 2 cents :v

Thanks for the replies. I have always kept an eye on the Kodiak. I did not know that CVA made a double. It caught my eye and the price - it looks new - is about half what the Kodiak sells for. Of course, it it's not a good shooter than there's no point.
No, there is no barrel band near the muzzles, very clean lines.
At eight inches at 50yds.....my 12ga.Navy Arms SXS does better than that with RB.
Oh, well.
Pete

Latest posts

Back