• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Bobcat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reconfire85

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Heres my first BP Rifle CVA Bobcat.

photo.php

I can't get to facebook but can tell you that I started one of my grandsons on a Bobcat. A nice light gun that you don't have to worry about being in the brush with., Congrats

I have the Mountain Stalker and it is pretty much the same gun. My only issue is it is too light, thus it gives a rather good kick when loaded stout.
It would make a fine hunting rifle one would lug around all day and shoot only once, but a day at the range is out of the question for me when it comes to this rifle.

I have one (and a Mnt Stalker). I just load em light at the woods (like 45 gr)as yer correct, they can mack ya good when ya load em up! Have killed a few deer with em but keep as a break in or loaner rifle now.

if ya have the plastic stocked version, modelin' clay wrapped in good heavy plastic like bread bags or some such & packed in the hollow places tames the recoil pretty good.

bubba.50 said:
if ya have the plastic stocked version, modelin' clay wrapped in good heavy plastic like bread bags or some such & packed in the hollow places tames the recoil pretty good.
I had that thing stuffed with enough lead to make the rifle 13 pounds and it tamed it some, still a cheek slapper. But it was taking up allot of my lead so I took the lead out of the thing.

I have used my CVA Bobcat for deer the last 4 years. I bagged several deer with it, including an 11 point buck this year that field dressed at over 200 lbs and yielded 85 lbs of meat. That beast almost busted my back dragging him out of the hills.
I may have shot my buck of a lifetime this year.

Pretty great rifle to start out with Recon, wish i had kept mine. Has to be one of the lightest and handiest frontstuffers ever made.

Not sure if your a deer hunter but if so you live in a fantastic place to try your new ml'er out. I hunted a farm off I-70\ I-77 for years and never have i seen so many deer or so many big deer.

Best of luck!

I bought my first ML back in the mid 90's and it's a CVA Bobcat with a wooden stock that I picked up at a pawn shop for $40 (also got a .45 caplock pistol for another $40). It's a good no frills rifle that has served me well and is reliable.

Back