• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE custom 45 flintlock LongRifle Final reduction

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
PRICE DROP: My .45 caliber rifle is up for sale. Built by CLA member Rick Baker, the gun is a light, balanced and very handy deer rifle. I used the gun two seasons, but at my age, I don't hunt much any more. When he sold the gun, he cautioned that the stock had cracked and he repaired it with a commercial bond, clamped and tested rigorously. I recently had it checked out of concern before I marketed it, and it is as shipped to me. LOP is 13 1/2 inches, barrel is 32 inches, weight @ 7 1/2 pounds. It has steel guard and brass toe piece, and bone back strap. A handsome but utilitarian gun, in my opinion. Asking $850 includes shipped and insured to anywhere CONUS. Saving for a new build and something had to go. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1164.jpeg
    IMG_1164.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2106.jpeg
    IMG_2106.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2108.jpeg
    IMG_2108.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2112.jpeg
    IMG_2112.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2340.jpeg
    IMG_2340.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2342.jpeg
    IMG_2342.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2343.jpeg
    IMG_2343.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2346.jpeg
    IMG_2346.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2427.jpg
    IMG_2427.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hello, thanks for looking at the rifle. To answer as well as I am able, and I am by no means an expert, for I have only four flintlocks, two of the Lehigh pattern, and one Schimmel gun. It does have many of the characteristics of Tennessee guns. It is shorter than the long guns, unadorned except for the bone backstrap and brass toe plate, the iron and brass are well executed, full stock, traditional trigger guard, single trigger, but the drop is perhaps more than conventional mountain rifles which actually, was the selling point for me for I have always favored that element in a stock. it is an excellent deer rifle to carry in the woods. Light, balanced, and accurate with a fast lock. I used 40 grains of FF with a patched .437 ball that I ordered from TOW. The rate of twist is 1:48 as best as I can tell as I am no expert. Mr. Baker recommended that load and I never questioned it. I shot a nice small buck the first year, and drew a blank this year. At my age, I no longer care about getting a deer every year. Glad to answer any other questions.

Latest posts

Back